- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Tooling Engineering team lead is the key technical person to lead a small group of tooling engineers under the supervision of program manager to deliver plastic injection tools from tool makers to CM for production. He will be working closely with RDD teams for plastic part manufacturing assessment, following up closely on tool fabrication with tool makers and resolving tooling issues with CM to ensure continuous plastic parts supply to assembly lines.
- To provide tooling support to our Dyson design Teams to ensure capability of product designs.
- To work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
- To co-ordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
- For new tooling – review and approve Tooling DFM (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc)
- To review the tool designer recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
- Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs.
- To make sure All dyson toolmakers work to the tooling Manuel using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
- Optimize and standardize molding machine capacity and process for Cat A product as the priority
- Able to work and manage High Volume/Low Mix, Low Volume/High Mix projects which needs capacity planning, understanding the shared/repeat tools and utilizations etc..
- Able to work in high pressure situations to manage multiple priorities and expectations
- At least 10 years of working experience in Injection tooling and moulding field
- Tool design / development
- Injection moulding process in-depth knowledge in molding / tooling process development, trouble shooting, hot runner selection and product requirement.
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.