- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The incumbent is responsible to identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives for direct labour - production operators, material handlers, chemical handlers and line leaders. He or she will work across departments, functions and outside organizations to identify and develop suitable training programs to enhance employee skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
- To conduct induction training for all direct labour new hires.
- To work towards developing the knowledge, skills, and competencies of operators at assigned process.
- To provide on job training during normal working situation by using actual tools or equipment through production line leaders or senior operators or trainers.
- To ensure all shop floor employees are adequately trained for job assigned and to maintain their training records for QMS purpose.
- To evaluate efficiency of operators, their jobs, and adherence to work instructions and or company policies and propose actions towards improvement.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Management or equivalent
- At least 5 years of working experience in a manufacturing organization with supervisory experience
- Train the Trainer certification would be beneficial but not essential
- Requires good communications skills to communicate with engineers to identify training needs for operators and mapping out developmental plans for production teams and or individuals.
- Able to converse both in English and Bahasa Malaysia relatively well.
- He or she will be responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating and conducting training programs through line leaders, senior operators or trainers.
- Experience with coaching, mentorship, e-learning and working with cross functional teams would be beneficial but not essential.
- Performs other duties as required.