- Finance, Procurement
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
On a global basis, deliver and manage the company travel programme to ensure the most effective and efficient solution for the company. The role will support the Senior Category Manager with the creation of the travel programme strategy, from conception to execution. With specific travel knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking plans that demonstrate innovation and forward-thinking solutions. The role will develop influential relationships across markets and business units in order to understand and manage traveller needs whilst balancing compliance and cost.
AccountabilitiesThe Travel Manager will also be responsible for supporting the creation of the overall global, regional and local travel programme strategy, the creation of the programme communications plan strategies and business wide engagement in the travel programme. You will constantly monitoring the travel industry, keeping up to date on sector advances, trends, opportunities and developments (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk profiles); monitoring compliance across the travel policy and spend and driving corrective action as necessary; and offering close management of the travel programme suppliers to build effective relationships that deliver on travel needs and provide maximum value to Dyson.
Key Accountabilities / Primary Responsibilities:
- With the relevant Senior Category Manager and stakeholders, develop and continually review robust, forward-looking travel strategy plans based on business needs, industry dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace
- Support the development of the travel policy, including ongoing monitoring of compliance and influencing the business to drive increased adoption.
- Ensure alignment with all key stakeholders within the business on travel programme strategic decisions.
- Develop strong relationships with the travel stakeholder base, ensuring regular feedback is collated and fed back into the ongoing travel programme strategy.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to project activity.
- Display good people management and influencing skills.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the relevant travel stakeholders in different countries and markets within the business to ensure consistent and aligned delivery of the travel programme.
- Market and communicate category guidelines into the business.
- Role model the adoption and leverage agile ways of working.
- Make time and care about personal development maintaining a live development plan.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Deliver a pipeline of projects to achieve or exceed agreed travel targets across the business, including policy compliance and cost management.
- Understand complex business problems, apply analytical thinking and market knowledge to drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Communicate the travel programme concepts, policy and strategy in a way that is relevant to the business.
- Ensure both internal and supplier MI and project data (volumes, journey information, savings, missed savings, spend, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is reported accurately and reflective of reality.
- Execute and deliver projects and enhancements to the travel programme in accordance to the agreed travel strategy
- Embed best practices and compliance to the operating model.
- Support the development and enhancement of the operating model.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with the business so that the travel management programme and team become acknowledged as a clear benefit to Dyson.
- Develop a reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility.
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder network in a complex and dynamic business environment.
- Embrace change with a positive attitude.
- Experience managing a multi-country travel programme, ideally globally, on an operational level
- Understanding of key travel suppliers e.g. TMCs, OBTs, GDS’, airlines and hotels
- Experience managing travel communications plans
- Strong supplier management experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines