- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Group Treasury Controller (GTC), the main responsibility of the Treasury Accountant is to assist the running of Dyson’s Group Treasury Back Office function, ensuring all Treasury activities are carried out on a controlled environment with accurate accounting and reporting for all Treasury transactions. The role also involves the in-depth analysis of the Group’s FX results and working on relevant projects to support the growing business and optimise Treasury operations.
- Ensure that daily and month end journals are posted accurately and on a timely manner for all Treasury activities.
- Perform month end controls and produce Treasury balance sheet reconciliations, working closely with Group Reporting and other Finance teams.
- Produce Back Office reporting for group Treasury operations, including the reporting of any breaches of policy or limits.
- Prepare the Group’s Financial Items report on a monthly basis, carrying out an in-depth analysis of the FX results and explaining to senior management the key underlying drivers.
- Deputise for the GTC and provide cover for the Treasury Assistant on their absence and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Actively propose and implement new operating processes with the aim of promoting Treasury and accounting best practices to all Back Office processes.
- Undertake project work on relevant areas, working independently or supporting the GTC as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Treasury Front Office team to ensure that all Treasury operations work smoothly.
- Support the Back Office team in SEA as and when required to ensure consistency and efficiency of accounting processes.
- Degree level education or equivalent with an Accounting or Treasury qualification
- Proven experience on financial accounting or treasury operations roles
- Numerate and logical thinker, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Good communication skills, able to explain accounting issues to senior management
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and demanding environment typical of a fast growing business
- Willingness to use initiative in resolving operational issues with determination to achieve results
- Computer literate, good knowledge of Excel, ability to adapt quickly to new systems
- Knowledge of accounting systems (preferably SAP)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Onsite Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines