- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a renowned consumer electronics company with operations around the world. We continue to grow quickly and organically and to make significant reinvestment in future technologies. Products are designed in the UK and developed and manufactured in Singapore, the Philippines and Malaysia then sold globally.
The Treasury activity of Dyson Group is carried out by treasury teams in the UK and Singapore. Dyson Finance Limited is responsible for delivering treasury policy and strategy for the Group, for ensuring that the Group is appropriately funded and is the counterparty for treasury activity in all locations other than the Far East.
About the roleThe purpose of the role is to support the Senior Treasury Middle Office Manager in the delivery of treasury projects and treasury optimisation for the Dyson Group and taking shared responsibility as a treasury dealer, managing the Group’s funding and FX exposure requirements. The Treasury Analyst works closely with internal and external parties including banks, lawyers and suppliers of software and services, as well as a range of teams in the UK and overseas, especially across Finance.
- Assist or lead with the identification and delivery of a wide range of projects, to time and within agreed parameters, that will assist with the efficient delivery of Treasury within the Group and also support the growing Group businesses;
- Assist or lead with the development and implementation of worldwide treasury, cash management and information systems, identifying opportunities for improvement. Taking ownership of the implementation documentation and process as well as the follow up and feedback with/from subsidiaries and banks;
- Take responsibility for bank account management including KYC, maintaining board resolution and payment signatories, account set up and other routine money market, overdraft and FX facility documentation;
- Taking shared responsibility as a treasury dealer for managing the Group’s funding and FX exposure requirements efficiently and in line with Group policy. Carry out money market and foreign exchange dealing with Dyson’s banking counterparties, to effect liquidity and foreign exchange risk management;
- Provide support, advice and guidance to personnel within the treasury function, facilitating both front and back office activities in various countries whether managed from the UK or SEA;
- Use initiative to resolve operational issues and seek out solutions;
- To carry out any other reasonable request by management.
- This role is challenging and requires a naturally highly organised individual who can use their initiative to ensure others will deliver to tight timelines. You will actively ensure progress through the various work streams, both internally and externally.
- Strong communicator and influencer who is commercially minded and able to approach and challenge colleagues and external professionals to seek out and understand the issues.
- A strong intellect with good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Proven project management experience is an advantage.
- Use initiative in resolving operational issues and naturally drive for results, looking to add value; also energetic and engaging with a positive approach.
- A willingness to develop an understanding of legal documentation and T&Cs in a financial context to identify and challenge any issues.
- A natural team player with leadership attributes and as succession planning is important the confidence and desire to move into more challenging roles in the future.
- Experience of treasury operations within a global company.
- Likely to be a graduate with good accounting knowledge and a relevant degree, possibly part qualified with the determination to gain AMCT qualification (which Dyson will fund).
- Computer literate with a strong grasp of Microsoft Office applications, and the capacity to learn new skills and functions, experience of SAP would be useful.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.