- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Motors and Power Systems
- Singapore - Singapore
The engineer will work within the Motors & Power Systems team to apply their skills and experience in aero dynamics and turbomachinery to invent the next generation of Dyson Motor technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out CFD simulation models and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. You will be responsible to develop motors aerodynamic systems to achieve robustness and high performance. You will make sure the aerodynamic performance is maintained throughout the development process from concept to production and beyond.
In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually improve and develop Fluid Dynamics techniques and methodologies, in order to build the capability of Motors and Power Systems group and Dyson as a whole.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
About the role
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques including CFD and experiments.
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to aerodynamics.
- Responsible for supporting implementation of design concepts from component design through to finished assembly. This would include analysis, product concepts, dimensional verification, and general demonstration of the use of core engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for leading the development of design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly, testing, data analysis, fault analysis, problem solving, and design refinement. This may require some direction of technical support personnel.
- Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these solutions to project teams, including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage)
- Fundamental knowledge of aerodynamics, thermodynamics. Experience in using commercial CAD tools, preferably Siemens NX.
- A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience in using ANSYS / NUMECA / CONCEPTS tools.
- Strong understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure,
- Temperature, flow, vibration and acoustic measurement
- Experience and understand of rotating machinery design is preferred
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set
- of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.