- Product Design
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
About the roleThe creative team works collaboratively with other functions – Product Experience (physical, on-product and connected experiences), Industrial Design, CMF (Colours, Materials and Finishes), Modelmaking and Data Science – to form the Design and Product Experience (D&PE) team. We work from the early stages of a new product, rapidly concepting and prototyping a broad range of creative concepts, developing them as the product moves towards launch, based on user insight and testing. The creative function is multi-disciplined, holistically working across on-screen and physical graphics, app(s) and out-of-box experiences – ensuring the design vision is maintained from conception through to production.
Reporting into (and mentored by a Senior Designer), you will be responsible for concepting, iterating, and creating new and exciting on-product screen and app designs for our users, ensuring the design vision is maintained as it progresses towards launch.
Working alongside the Product Experience team, you’ll work at a range of design fidelities to help test, develop and communicate your ideas throughout the product development process, resulting in intuitive and beautifully executed UI designs.
You’ll be taking on your own projects from the start, designing for the next generation of Dyson products.
- Able to think outside of the box, distilling UX flows and research into brand new and engaging design concepts
- Sketching and mocking up ideas to test and gain feedback on your designs
- Collaboration with the Product Experience designers (and other teams) to ensure our design solutions meet all user requirements
- Creating production ready UI assets for our on-product screens
- Develop UI for the next generation of Dyson products, providing a consistent and organic user experience across both app and product
- Strong oral and written communication skills – you’ll be presenting concepts to the Creative Director(s) and other teams
- Ensuring that our design principles are upheld in all the designs you create
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritisation of tasks, scoping the requirements of the project
About youYou are currently a graduate or junior designer, with a portfolio of professional and/or personal projects which show off your design understanding and enthusiasm for creating great experiences.
You are looking to develop and learn within a fast-paced dynamic team. Ideally, you also have experience working on (or an interest in) IoT and connected products that link both physical and digital worlds.
You will be looking for the next challenge in your career and be excited to communicate ground-breaking technology and services to the world, in a creative way.
- Experience designing for mobile apps, with up-to-date knowledge of UI/interaction design patterns for iOS and Android
- An interest in design thinking, interaction design, accessibility, and information design
- A willingness and desire to learn new skills such as prototyping and motion graphics
- Excited to learn about and immerse yourself in new technologies and topics, and able to work with lots of information
- Able to adopt, implement and push the boundaries of brand guidelines
- Experience with: Sketch, Flinto, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
- Experience in the digital design industry
Benefits27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays Pension scheme Performance related bonus Private medical insurance Life assurance Sport centre Free on-site parking Subsidised café and restaurants Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.