- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Working in a busy, Global IT department, as an apprentice you’ll be getting hands-on industry experience across a range of departments developing broad technical skills, whilst studying towards a BTEC Level 4 HNC in Computing. And this is just the start – with this generalist programme you’ll be in the driving seat for the direction of your future IT career upon completion.
AccountabilitiesLearning both on the job and in the classroom, this IT apprenticeship will build on your technology interests and experience, working with industry-leading systems and equipment, surrounded by experienced colleagues in a fast-paced, innovative business.
As a generalist programme, you can expect to gain insight into and experience through placements in a wide range of teams in our IT function such as - analytics, programming, web design, security, and networking to name but a few. Complimented by your studies one day a week (during term time), you’ll study a variety of modules such as, Software Development, Technical Support and Telecommunications and Databases at our chosen training provider, Bath College.
It’s a 24-month apprenticeship, but you’ll be joining the team as a full time, permanent employee. Upon successful completion of the course, there may be the opportunity to continue your learning and development with further apprenticeships and industry recognised qualifications, depending on the direction you want your career to go.
SkillsJoin us and you’ll be contributing to live projects from the start and enrolling at college soon after. So you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. It’s not just about technical expertise; we assess each application on its merits. But we would expect you to have:
- Obtained at least 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including Maths and English
- Obtained, or working towards, at least 2 A levels or equivalent - ideally you’ll have a Level 3 qualification in IT.
- A passion for technology, computing and problem solving, and an ambition to pursue a career in IT
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver what is required, when it is required
- Be able to work logically and methodically, often under pressure to set deadlines
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through experience at school, work experience, or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Evidence of why you want to follow this career, path, and why the opportunity at Dyson is a good match for you
It is important to note that this opportunity is primarily based at our Malmesbury Technology Centre but your training is provided at the Bath College at their City Centre Campus. As such you will need to be able to travel between both locations as required(Reimbursement of costs incurred are subject to travel policy)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free parking
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Qualifications – all tuition fees paid
Please note, as part of the recruitment process for this vacancy, applications made direct to Dyson will be shared with our trusted training provider. After applying, candidates may receive contact from Bath College to verify eligibility for the scheme.