- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Working in a busy, Global IT department, as an apprentice you’ll be getting hands-on industry experience with IT Systems developing broad technical and business analysis skills, whilst studying toward one of the specialist Level 4 qualifications. And this is just the start – whichever place you start, you’ll be in the driving seat for the direction of your future IT career upon completion.
AccountabilitiesLearning both on the job and in the classroom, this IT apprenticeship will build on your technology interests and experience, working with industry-leading systems and equipment, surrounded by experienced colleagues in a fast-paced, innovative business.
Depending on your skillset and aspirations, Dyson IT are able to offer the following specialist apprenticeship routes for 2019:
Data Analyst (Level 4)
- You will collect, organise and study data to provide business insight.
- You’ll be passionate about data and all the exciting things you can learn from it as well as being confident in how you can present this to support the business in making strategic and commercial decisions.
- Over this apprenticeship, you’ll gain the qualifications, skills and technical grounding needed work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders and customers;
Business Analyst (Level 4)
- You will be part of a team with end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications and technological solutions.
- You’ll be involved in early and regular investigation and analysis to ensure that the right information system solution is chosen to meet the business needs.
- This apprenticeship will equip you with the advanced technical skills you need to become an effective business analyst through a structured modular programme.
These are 18-month apprenticeships, with training delivered in periods of block release by our chosen training provider, QA Ltd. Locations are to be confirmed, but this could include Bristol, Reading and/or London. But importantly, you’ll be joining the team as a full time, permanent employee. Upon successful completion of the course, there may be the opportunity to continue your learning and development with further apprenticeships and industry recognised qualifications, depending on the direction you want your career to go.
SkillsJoin us and you’ll be contributing to live projects from the start and enrolling at college soon after. So you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. It’s not just about technical expertise; we assess each application on its merits. But we would expect you to have:
- Obtained at least 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including Maths and English.
- Obtained at least 2 A levels, a BTEC or equivalent - ideally you’ll have a Level 3 qualification in IT
- A passion for technology, computing and problem solving, and an ambition to pursue a career in IT
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through experience at school, work experience, or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, service management, an appreciation for project management methodologies would advantageous but not essential
- Evidence of why you want to follow this career, path, and why the opportunity at Dyson is a good match for you
It is important to note that this opportunity is primarily based at our Malmesbury Technology Centre but your training is provided by QA Ltd. This will be class-room based learning will be delivered offsite at one of QA’s technical training centres, and so you will need to be able to occasionally travel to locations in either Reading, London or Bristol (Reimbursement subject to travel policy)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free parking
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Qualifications – all tuition fees paid
Please note, as part of the recruitment process for this vacancy, applications made direct to Dyson will be shared with our trusted training provider. After applying, candidates may receive contact from QA Ltd to verify eligibility for the scheme.