- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
At our UK Technology Campus we have opportunities for 3, 6 and 12-month internships starting in the summer of 2020, for penultimate year students who are eager to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, and the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology. You’ll be working as part of a larger project team and have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Using creative problem solving to produce effective design solutions
- Designing and building proof-of-principle rigs
- Hand-producing prototypes
- Testing prototypes to validate design decisions
- Defining product specifications and design of production parts
You’ll be sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining to deliver the high standards of product development Dyson is based on and working on ideas that will transform markets. You’ll need to be thoroughly hands on, practically applying your technical knowledge with a creative flair to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
Working alongside engineers, scientists and technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. In fact, we encourage this.
For the duration of your internship, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in an engineering discipline, but with a demonstrable passion for design.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking