- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson finance team is at the heart of engineering our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning to supporting investment in Research, Design and Development. They help the global business perform as well as our technology.
Join us on a 12 month placement and far from just watching from the side lines, we’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning. From day one you’ll be thrown into the real world with real responsibility. You could experience areas such as financial control, reporting, management accounting and internal audit.
Over the course of the year-long placement you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance on your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone – understanding how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last. Your daily responsibilities will differ depending on the team you join and the variety of business projects mean that no two roles will be the same, but the areas you could experience include:
- Management reporting & analysis: Bringing together the results from around the world to produce the management accounts. Taking ownership of aspects of the month end reporting process as well as improving reporting and responding to requests for information from around the business. You will gain an understanding of financial reporting in a multinational group upon which Dyson Executives base their commercial decisions.
- Statutory reporting: Assist with analytical review for auditors, involvement in year-end accounts preparation and ensuring no misstatements.
- Budgeting and planning: supporting the Group collation from the markets to give the Global view, assisting with loading, resolution issues, reports to present data, integrity and delivery.
- Systems: supporting changes to our systems SAP & Onestream, involving extraction and analysis of large data sets.
- Research, Design & Development: supporting investment decisions in the heart of the Research, Design and Development function and supporting the financial control of our significant cost centres.
For the duration of your placement, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the finance team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns an offer to return on our finance graduate programme and study for the ACCA qualification.
· You’ll be an undergraduate in your penultimate year of study, seeking a 12-month finance placement.
· Your degree discipline can be in any relevant subject area, but motivation and attitude is also important to us. You will need to be able to demonstrate your financial, analytical and numerical skills.
· You’ll need to have a commitment to learn about finance, how our business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes is important.
· There will be an expectation to present ideas and actively take part in discussions regularly with colleagues, so you'll need to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Be articulate, quick to build credibility and have a professional approach.
· Skilled at building relationships, you will be collaborating regularly and building your network so that you set yourself up for success when returning on our graduate programme.All applications will be reviewed however, we advise on applying as soon as possible in order to participate in our first round of assessment centres.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking