- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At our UK Technology Campus we have a 12 month placement opportunity starting in the summer of 2020, who are eager for role which bridge engineering and business.
During this 12 month placement you’ll be working on reputation-defining projects from day one as part of a global team of Project & Programme Managers. You’ll play a critical role in the development of new Dyson technology ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner.
This is a broad and varied role, meaning no two days are the same. As a Project Management Intern, you will be given critical projects to manage and responsibilities including:
- Managing risks and issues and getting these resolved without impacting the project
- Working with the cross functional teams to deliver to the project requirements
- Communicating project status cross-functionally to ensure effective and timely input
- Utilising established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver solutions
- Governance and organisation of project related information
- Taking an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and helping to support that resolution
For the duration of your internship or placement, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
· On track for a 2:1 or above in any degree discipline graduating in 2022, with an active interest in managing projects. This could be demonstrated through your modules or extra—curricular activities or work experiences.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to negotiate with and influence a range of stakeholders across the business, from engineers to marketers.
· Able to demonstrate how you manage your time effectively and multi-task. Experience of a high-pressure, competitive environment would be beneficial.
· You’ll be a proactive problem solver and highly organised. We expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
· We like people who show some get-up-and-go and passion for what they do. You'll need to be able to demonstrate a motivation for a career in project management.