- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson connected machines.
Since we launched our first connected machine in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
At our UK Technology Campus we have opportunities for 3, 6 and 12-month internships starting in the summer of 2020, for penultimate year students who are eager to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Whatever you’re doing the work will be challenging, varied and you’ll be in the thick of things. You’ll be interacting with teams across Research, Design & Development (RDD) including product developers ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time embedded software, Mobile App development, debugging, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++.
So as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving. You’ll be comfortable learning from others but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. In fact, we encourage this.
For the duration of your internship, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high and it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be on track for a 2:1 or above in a computer science or software engineering (or related) degree
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via online portfolio
- Showcase a passion for Dyson and our Technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking