- Hullavington, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we never stop transforming – our technologies and ourselves. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. The Dyson finance team is at the heart of engineering our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning to supporting investment in Research, Design and Development, they help our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.We are looking for emerging leaders in our finance team that are eager to learn by doing, not by watching - we’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning. Join us on a 12-month placement and from day one you’ll be thrown into the real world with real responsibility. You could experience areas such as financial control, reporting, management accounting and internal audit.
About the role
Over the course of the year-long placement you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance your existing skills and stretch you beyond your comfort zone – understanding how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes.
We’ll expect a lot from you and no day will be the same as the last. Your daily responsibilities will differ depending on the team you join and the variety of business projects mean that no two roles will be the same, but the areas you could experience include:
- Management reporting & analysis: Bringing together the results from around the world to produce the management accounts. Taking ownership of aspects of the month end reporting process as well as improving reporting and responding to requests for information from around the business. You will gain an understanding of financial reporting in a multinational group upon which Dyson Executives base their commercial decisions.
- Statutory reporting: Assist with analytical review for auditors, involvement in year-end accounts preparation and ensuring no misstatements.
- Budgeting and planning: supporting the Group collation from the markets to give the Global view, assisting with loading, resolution issues, reports to present data, integrity and delivery.
- Systems: supporting changes to our systems SAP & Onestream, involving extraction and analysis of large data sets.
- Research, Design & Development (RDD): supporting investment decisions in the heart of the RDD function and supporting the financial control of our significant cost centres.
For the duration of your placement, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the finance team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns an offer to return on our finance graduate programme and study for the ACCA qualification.
· You’ll be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month finance placement, graduating in 2023.
· Your degree discipline can be in any relevant subject area, but motivation and attitude are also important to us. You will need to be able to demonstrate your financial, analytical and numerical skills.
· You’ll need to have a commitment to learn about finance, how our business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes is important.
· There will be an expectation to present ideas and actively take part in discussions regularly with colleagues, so you'll need to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Be articulate, quick to build credibility and have a professional approach.
- Skilled at building relationships, you will be collaborating regularly and building your network so that you set yourself up for success when returning on our graduate programme
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.