- Hullavington, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. Human Resources is plugged into the nervous system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and Reward. HR generalists link these all together; supporting every people-related decision.
Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. Our HR experts work across the employee life cycle to motivate and engage our people, ensuring they perform at the highest level and helping us maintain our competitive edge.We are looking for emerging leaders in our People team that are eager to learn by doing, not by watching - we’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning.
About the role
You’ll be on a 2-year programme, taking responsibility from day one in a Graduate HR Advisor role working with HR Business partners in our Group Commercial, International, and Dyson Professional HR teams. Providing support and administration on all aspects of HR, you will be responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach wherever possible with some of the following responsibilities:
- Deliver expert and customer focused operational HR support, providing advice and guidance to resolve day-to-day queries covering: HR policies, processes, procedures and practices to both UK and international colleagues.
- Coach, train and challenge managers on their approach to people issues, advising how to maximise employee performance, capability and contribution.
- Own the delivery of key people processes such as absence, maternity, paternity, flexible working, probation etc.
- Encouraging managers to complete regular 1:1’s, bi-annual reviews and personal development discussions.
- Operate as HR lead in the performance management of individuals and other employee relations situations (e.g. performance improvement plans, capability problems, disciplinary scenarios, grievances).
- Support HRBPs in the planning and implementation of organisation changes, HR projects and initiatives that support the Dyson People strategy/local plans (e.g. graduate recruitment, talent identification and management, management capability development, personal development/career planning).
- Review data and produce reports for key employee metrics (e.g. turnover, headcount, absence), identifying, investigating, and flagging possible implications of issues/trends that show up.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be expected to contribute from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in.
- You’ll need to have (or be expecting) a 2.1 in any degree discipline
- We'll want to see an understanding of the role of an HR function and your motivation for a career in this area
- A commitment to undertake further study toward the CIPD qualification and a strong academic track record to date is preferred
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers
- You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with senior stakeholders right from the start, so you'll be articulate and quick to build credibility with a professional approach
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.