- Hullavington, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. Human Resources is plugged into the nervous system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Reward. HR generalists link these all together; supporting every people-related decision.
Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. Our HR experts work across the employee life-cycle to motivate and engage our people, ensuring they perform at the highest level and helping us maintain our competitive edge.
We are looking for emerging leaders in our People team that are eager to learn by doing, not by watching - we’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning. Join us on a 12-month placement and from day one you’ll be thrown into the real world with real responsibility.
About the role
During this 12-month opportunity you will rotate through two, 6-month placements supporting one of key teams such as Business Partnering, Reward, Talent or Strategy. You’ll contribute from day one and gain valuable exposure to the Global HR function.
will have a valuable role to play in the respective teams, learning about the
key HR processes, methodologies, relevant legislation, systems, and the
different roles within a Global HR function.
For the duration of your placement, your impact will be reviewed with regular performance conversations. Opportunities for development can be tailored for the strongest candidates – and if this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to identify and offer high performing interns Graduate employment at the end of the programme.
- You’ll be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month HR placement, graduating in 2023.
- Your degree discipline can be in any relevant subject area, but motivation and attitude are also important to us
- We'll want to see an understanding of the role of an HR function and your motivation for a career in this area.
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers.
- There will be an expectation to present ideas and actively take part in discussions regularly with colleagues, so you'll need to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Be articulate, quick to build credibility and have a professional approach.
- Skilled at building relationships, you will be collaborating regularly and building your network so that you set yourself up for success when returning on our graduate programme.
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.