- Quality and Reliability , Product Design, Research Engineering
- Hullavington, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine
room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine,
and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others
At our UK Technology Campus, we have an opportunity to undertake a 12-month internship/year in industry starting in September 2021, for penultimate year students who are eager to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
About the role
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, and the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology. You’ll be working as part of a larger project team and have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Working in either our floor care, environment care, personal care, or systems teams, some of your tasks could include:
- Conceptualising, developing and proposing design changes to optimize product performance
- Creating analytic tools and/or models that could help to make analysis lean or solve specific problems
- Exposure to different test methods to verify product’s performance and systems engineering approach used in technology development team
- Gather available data and analyse to find out root cause of problems and solve the problem
- Integrate into the day-to-day operation of the team
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. In fact, we encourage this.
For the duration of your internship, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in an engineering discipline such as Materials, Mechanical, Aero and Acoustics
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
· Be passionate about mechanical analysis and understand fundamental principles such as Computational Fluid Dynamics or Finite Element Analysis
· Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.· Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better. Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.