- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Sales Account Management
- Chicago, IL, USA
The US Key Account Manager will focus to unlock new business for Dyson Professional products with large companies that have national presence and locations across the United States.
- Execute agreed national account strategy within specific sales channels or geography as directed by National Account Manager (hereafter NAM). Typically National Account customers fall within: Restaurant Chains, Fitness Chains, Retail and Hospitality Groups.
- Build portfolio of new accounts within identified channels, to create long term partnerships and opportunities. Manage portfolio of new accounts when setup.
- Demonstrate Dyson product range to key decision makers and influencers across Construction, Procurement and Design teams at corporate headquarter level.
- Build relationships with key decision makers and influencers across Construction, Procurement and Design teams at corporate headquarter level.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs and requirements to develop a customized value proposition and story.
- Submit pricing proposals for approval by NAM, Finance Manager, Distribution Manger and GM when required. After approval, submit formal quote with pricing to end customer.
- Work through Dyson customer setup requirements (e.g. supplier agreement, credit application, NDA), involving Dyson legal when required.
- Navigate through customer supplier agreement process, involving Dyson legal when required.
- Work with Dyson order processing and finance team to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled in timely manner – resolving issues with Tax, Credit and AP teams as necessary.
- Utilize the Dodge and LinkedIn Sales Navigator platforms to access target customer specifications and contact information. Proactive outbound activity is required.
- Upload new accounts, opportunities and sample unit requests into the Salesforce.com platform, to store customer data and keep track of work plan. Keep Salesforce.com updated with all customer activity.
- Occasionally attend national trade shows as directed by NAM and Marketing Team. Be prepared to organize show attendance and ensure materials are onsite. Follow up with potential customers in timely manner.
- Host weekly meeting or conference call with NAM to provide updates on target customers, account progression and challenges.
- Review monthly sale data furnished by the Finance Team to validate sales from accounts and identify potential new target end customers.
- Achieve Sales Performance Goals and KPI’s established by the NAM and General Manager.
- Ensure that monthly and annual goals are met across volume and net revenue, as established by the NAM and General Manager.
- Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Consider new ways of working and how to approach National Account customers
- Leverage success with marketing to maximize opportunities
- Develop an interface with the service team to streamline issue resolution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience selling durable goods in a B2B environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience selling to national accounts
- College degree or equivalent
- Seasoned sales professional
- Ability to travel nationally (travel expectation: 30% - 45% per month)
- Strong presenting and negotiating skills
- Desire to collaborate with greater sales team
- Ability to present and negotiate with C-level target customers
- Good record keeping on account progression
- Experience working with CRM (Salesforce a plus)
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 30 lbs.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.