- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to Dyson’s Global Owner Experience Director, you will be responsible for leading on UX design of core journeys for Dyson’s commercial website, managing and mentoring designers and collaborating with other disciplines across the Digital Experience team.
You must be confident in your design process, understanding the underlying structure of cross-channel experiences and how they affect multiple audiences. You will be adept at balancing user-experience with technology, commercial and time requirements, and must be able to think strategically about the impact and application of interaction design and patterns.
You will be used to gathering insight from a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources, knowing the right research to undertake should there be any gaps. Your portfolio will demonstrate that you use an evidence based approach to design, and you advocate testing at all stages of your process.
You will be able to articulate your ideas clearly and collaboratively, and be confident enough to stand by your methodology and be prepared to be challenged! You will understand the importance of working as one team, and allow experience from different disciplines to enhance and guide your ideas.
Dyson are looking for designers who are truly passionate about creating market leading experiences.
This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, incredibly fast-paced environment where you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our digital experience, working on exciting new digital projects that bring together our latest technology and designs.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a genuine passion for design, user experience and connected technology.
- Managing, mentoring and goal setting for team members
- IA, flows, interaction design for all Dyson connected machine projects
- Close collaboration with Global Owner Experience Director and other Channel leads to deliver consistent, relevant experiences
- Clearly communicate design intent,
- Advocacy for and contribution to Agile software design practice
- Collaborating with other designers to provide a scalable user experience
- Accurately scoping and delivering designs to an exceptional standard, with military precision.
- Collation of research and insight and production of associated artefacts
- Scoping of usability trials and related research activity, including discussion plans, observation and reports
- Presentations to major stakeholders and ownership of core journeys per project
You will be currently working in-house on a digital consumer facing product, or as part of an agency working with websites and/or native mobile apps with your clients. This role is suitable for a Senior UX designer looking to challenge and build upon their experience, or as an experienced UX designer looking to step up to a greater challenge in a role that takes a more strategic look at commercial website design.
- Worked as part of an agile delivery team
- Usability testing
- Journey mapping, wire flows, prototyping
- Surveys and analysis
- Creation of Personas and other design tools
- Accurate estimation of time and budgets
- Acted as project lead for the design of a digital product
- Requirements gathering through facilitation of workshops and interviews
- Demonstrable experience within the digital design or mobile apps industry
- Use of Sketch, prototyping software (such as Flinto, Axure)
- Adobe Indesign, Photoshop
- Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)
- International research
- Understanding of native app development and other digital technologies
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines