- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Showcasing the cutting-edge robotic technologies of the future involves bringing together talented people who share common ambitious goals and visions, rethinking problems and framing them properly, utilising the right tools and resources, and doing all of this at the right time. That’s our goal: to build a world class robotics team with a focused vision of robots solving concrete problems in the real world.
We want to create a team that is able to work alongside our roboticists to develop innovative software systems that turn theory into practice. It is this culture of ambition and excellence paired with an enjoyable and healthy work-life balance that makes Dyson different! It’s a place to unleash your passion, talent, ideas and show what robots can do for the world.
No robotics experience necessary!
Dyson’s Robotics Research Software Team specialises in creating early stage proof-of-concept systems that utilise state-of-the-art software algorithms, frameworks, techniques, and tooling. We need versatile Unity engineers that are up for the challenge of pioneering in the new territory of next generation robotics simulation.
Join the founding team of engineers leading next generation robotics simulation research within Dyson.
- Join the founding team of engineers leading next generation robotics simulation research within Dyson
- Help develop the high-performance DevOps culture within Robotics research by: advocating software best-practices, mentoring junior software developers, and championing the use of state-of-the-art software methodologies and tools across the wider robotics research team.
- Collaboratively design and build robotics simulation applications for use across the spectrum of research, from hardware design to human robot interaction behaviour
- Help design and work within the CI/CD workflows for our research software stack; maximising the value of simulation testing
- A BSc. or Masters in an engineering discipline or equivalent industrial / game development experience.
- Strong broad knowledge and experience with the Unity real time engine.
- Awareness of Unity’s future feature/technology roadmap
- An interest in the real world applications of robots
- A passion for solving new problems, where the best practice guidelines have yet to be written
- Any development specialties within Unity
- Experience developing VR & AR applications
- Experience developing solutions that meet specific user requirements
- Experience with systems-level benchmarking and profiling.