- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Customer Service
- Chicago, IL, USA
The rapidly growing and ever-expanding Americas business supports Shoppers and Owners from two multi-lingual, outsourced contact centers and one Dyson contact center, based in Aurora Illinois. Leading and coordinating all this activity as well as owning our US based Dyson Service Centers (32 physical locations across the US providing repair and refurbishment services to our owners) helps ensure we drive an effective and efficient operation and spearhead a sustainable and continuously improving customer service experience across Americas.
About the roleOur Owners are our utmost priority. The Americas Customer Service teams play an invaluable role within this ambition, as direct contact gives us millions of opportunities to create, offer and surprise them with a seamless and inspiring product experience.
The Vice President of Owner Experience has direct accountability for the development and delivery of the many multi-channel experiences that we offer our Shoppers and Owners and will join a strong and high performing team to work in partnership both internally and with our outsource providers to continuously develop and transform this offering into a future proof, multichannel and scalable world class environment to enhance the experience all Dyson owners receive and continue ensuring we offer world class service for years to come.
- Create and deploy a vision for continuous development and evolution for the Customer Service and Dyson Service Center experience. This would include being responsible for the development and implementation of the Dyson Americas Customer Service strategy to ensure that Dyson differentiates with its Service proposition. This includes service support for all categories, new technology, channels and market.
- Lead and develop a strong, high performing and driven Customer Services team across the Americas markets (US, Canada and LATAM), demonstrating the leadership of/experience of implementing change within the CS environment i.e. systems deployment, transfer to outsourcer, switch to digital etc.
- Setting the strategic vision for your Customer Services teams, setting the standard of quality and translating these into meaningful, valuable and actionable deliverables for each team member and empowering your team members to have ownership and impact across the region; Driving performance through your people.
- Optimize and drive the revenue stream through the Customer Service experience, through demonstrating strong commercial acumen, and understanding how CS can add value to a multichannel direct shopping experience.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the symbiosis between digital OE, CS operating systems, our Dyson service centers and the day to day functioning of a world class contact center.
- Be responsible for the budgetary control for Contact Centers, across all Americas markets. In partnership with the outsource providers, you will be expected to create a continuous approach of transformation and improvement, that delivers ongoing efficiencies whilst also driving sustainable NPS improvement.
- Proactively use insight gained from across the customer service and OE teams in order to lead the development of an accurate multi-channel forecast for the Americas Contact Centers and Service Centers. This will involve working with budget holders to align funds and people requirements accordingly.
- Operate as a senior member of the Dyson Americas leadership team, reporting into the regional president, using knowledge and experience to support the business in achieving its wider objectives and shape future growth across the region
- Work collaboratively within a cross functional matrix organization and build strong and effective working relationships with the senior leaders (Managing Directors and Country Managers and key functional leads) across US, Canada and LATAM markets, whilst promoting regular and effective two-way communication between the market and the Americas Contact Centers.
- Work alongside our HR partners to create and own the People Plan across the Contact Center for both Dyson and non-Dyson employees.
- Manage the Contact Center budgets on a monthly basis; work with the finance team to close the books efficiently every month and ensure bills are paid on time. Be confident that Dyson are receiving good value for money and are constantly driving for efficiencies in the long term.
- Lead the regular review of insights from NPS, Complaints and other sources across customer service to devise regular and ongoing plans to enhance experiences and raising NPS scores.
- Support the Regional President and MD’s in creating a clearly defined and measurable "Dyson Service Commitment Ways of Working”. Take full ownership for implementing the outputs of this strategy into the contact centers.
- Be the voice for Dyson when dealing with all third parties. Understand and speak as one voice for the business, if not having the answers then knowing how to get them.
- 12+ years of experience working in a direct to consumer, eCommerce environment is desired.
- At least 7 years of experience leading customer service teams, with experience creating and deploying elevated customer service strategy.
- Experience of multi-lingual and multi-market Customer Service operations.
- Ability to use initiative boldly and confidently – creating a vision, facilitating its creation, build & roll out through your team, and holding yourself and your team to high standards of approach and delivery.
- Empowering and inspiring leader - delegation and empowering a team to deliver set vision and objectives.
- Can demonstrate ownership of complex and cross-functional delivery, with sustainable and alignment outputs.
- Experience of Contact Center leadership, and third-party relationship management.
- Technically and digitally minded, understanding the changing face of customer expectations.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to design, deliver and consistently review long term success.
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills - lead by example, and role model our values.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning ability.
- Confident and assertive communicator with strong influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and strong ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong sense of initiative with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Comfortable presenting with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Trusted. Proactive. Adaptable. Approachable. Reliable. Resilient. Passionate. Positive. Humble.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.