- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Information Technology
- Chicago - USA
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
AccountabilitiesThe VP of IT, Americas, reporting to the Global CIO, will be responsible for:
- Developing and agreeing a regional IT strategy aligned with the global strategy; enabling the Americas long term business plans.
- Working as a trusted partner with senior business leaders across Dyson’s markets in US, Canada and South America, assessing the current business needs of fast growing markets and designing a regional IT strategy to ensure that our objectives are achieved.
- Ensuring the demands for new IT capabilities needed to enable the strategic plans and objectives are appropriately captured, prioritized and business expectations on delivery timescales are fully understood.
- Providing technical insight into the Regional Leadership team on global, regional and local technology trends and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions in the region.
- Building out the current organization to support the rapid geographic expansion and implementing new best in class technologies to support the exciting business challenges that are ahead. This will include initiatives to improve business performance through the implementation of new business applications, infrastructure upgrades, and best in class IT service.
- Providing leadership to the US, Canada and LATAM IT teams locally to deliver against the Regional IT strategy and roadmap - delivering numerous regional IT initiatives as well as ensuring success of globally run projects, representing local interests and ensuring that the team support and manage their introduction successfully.
- Designing and delivering initiatives based on the roadmap and program plan, both locally and as part of global team.
- Transforming IT operations to ensure that it meets the expectations of the business in terms of quality of service; minimizing business disruption and streamlining processes aligned with Global IT transformation plans.
- Developing the Dyson Americas team to provide best in class IT service.
- Delivery of local projects to the global IT Project Management methodology, ensuring each project is completed to time, budget and quality.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with business owners and suppliers.
- Improving, developing and monitoring processes to meet global IT support services levels.
- Representing the escalation and decision point as appropriate. Contributing to incident resolution, making key decisions as necessary.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of global processes.
- All Americas IT procurement, ensuring best fit and value to Dyson and all supplier engagement is within the Dyson “Code of Conduct”.
- Providing overall leadership for IT in Dyson’s Americas region.
- Determining the short and long term capacity needs to sustain optimal IT Team performance.
- Ensuring the Americas Management Teams are fully aware of all Global IT initiatives and their regional impact.
- Promoting the professional development of staff and ensuring that the correct technological skills balance is established to support corporate wide systems.
- Designing and ensuring the completion of an Americas roadmap.
- Collaborating on business cases to support local IT investments.
- Transforming the business and taking accountability for delivery through local IT teams and leveraging the wider Global IT function.
- Leading all local operations to ensure improvements are translated into tangible local business benefits.
- Leading Regional IT Portfolio Governance Reviews with business and global IT leadership to provide visibility of all IT projects and activities that impact on functions / markets.
- Managing the IT budget and financial processes and plans throughout the year; driving the annual IT planning and budgeting process; and ensuring the correct financial processes are adhered to. Aligning this to overall Global IT budgeting and portfolio investment governance processes.
- Attending monthly reviews of actual and budget spend with Finance to ensure real time reporting is used to track and assess spend.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10-15 years’ experience working within an IT organization in a Service, Infrastructure or Applications capacity.
- At least 7 years’ experience leading an IT team delivering projects and services against an agreed program plan.
- Experience of designing and delivering successful IT Roadmaps and Program Plans to help businesses achieve their objectives within the framework of Global IT strategies, portfolio and Enterprise Architecture governance.
- Experience of operating within a global organization with a proven ability to deliver against global initiatives.
- Experience of leading IT projects.
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of IT Procurement using a structure RFP process, including involvement with developing statements of work and associated contracts.
- An understanding of business processes.
- Strong commercial and business understanding of how technology can enable new ways of working and business models and deliver business outcomes.