- MYR Competitive Salary
- Location details
Please apply here to express your interest in Procurement positions at Dyson.
- Working on a number of NPI projects concurrently
- Working with Commodity Managers to develop plans and identify lead-times and deadlines for ordering commodity parts in relation to the various prototyping or engineering builds planned as part of product development process. This includes project budgeting on Capex.
- Help to identify and flag up issues in relation to consigned parts / risk buys required to deliver prototype / engineering builds on time.
- Support reviews of bought out components with CM and provide directions on purchase and changes as reviewed internally with Dyson cross team.
- Follow up with Engineering to understand what the status of bought out parts and what is needed from Contract Manufacturer to secure the purchase
- Working with Contract Manufacturer to raise POs for write offs of parts during Engineering Build phases of projects
- Providing regular updates on status of these plans and any issues with consigned parts / materials and risk buys for Engineering Builds.
- Drive cost down activities from development phase right to SOP + 3 months, this includes working with the RDD, and CM, Test and Operation team to ensure timeline and target is achieved.
- Own and drive project’s costing to meet budget/target pricing, working alongside with Finance and RDD to drive cost deliverance. Providing Product Cost team on bought out components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision.
- Challenging Commodity Managers / suppliers to ensure best pricing is achieved, this can either be through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing etc.
- Reporting commercial progress on Tooling, P&E, and related activities on the projects.
- Working with cross functional team members on dual source development of commodity parts.
- Degree level qualification or above
- Self motivated, accurate and operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement - at least 3-5 years in a relevant industry
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Good spoken & written communication in English
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- Good understanding of manufacturing and how Dyson operates
- Strong communicator - Interpersonal skills - ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Assertiveness / negotiation - readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required and ensure decisions are made when required
- Integrity / confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances