- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleJob Description: The Warehouse Manager is responsible for leading a team in managing all aspects of warehouse operation in the factory not limited to receiving, handling, storing, picking, packing, distribution, shipment and processing return/scrap material to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitable, cost efficient operations and comply with company policies and procedure and other regulatory guidelines. Ultimately, this role should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Leading and managing a team of warehouse supervisors, warehouse coordinators and material handlers to ensure warehouse is operating at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse team and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals.
- Setup and maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing optimised design layouts; ensure equipment, tools and machinery perform in best conditions through periodic general maintenance and repair as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing Health & Safety procedures and protocols; safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Establish warehouse operation process, procedure, system and documentation including enforcing adherence and compliance to legal requirements and standards.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system.
- Plan and develop warehouse team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, motivate and prepare appraisal result for warehouse team.
- Meet regularly with warehouse supervisor to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity improvement and loss prevention.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establish and achieve warehouse operation strategies and KPIs aligned to company blueprint, lead weekly and monthly warehouse operation performance review with management team.
- Support warehouse sourcing activity with Procurement team where necessary.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Degree holder with preference in Warehouse/Logistic Management.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in warehouse and logistic roles within electronics, semiconductor, hard disk drive or chemical manufacturing industry under LMW environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managerial roles with strong leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Knowledge of SAP system is required.
- Effective analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrate warehouse operation best practice knowledge with proven track record.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and proven ability to implement project improvement initiatives.
- Good proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Experience of working in multi-national / multi-lingual teams.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill with ability to work with all levels of company staff.
- Ability to communicate complex idea simply, global orientation and focus on big pictures.
- Attention to details and good follow-up skills.
- Able to multi-task, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take on challenges with a positive attitude.
- Firm and decisive with ability to react at shortest time possible in reaction to issues.
- Strong cross functional team skills, inquisitive & proactive, strong facilitator.
- High work ethics & personal integrity.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.