- $ Competitive
- Manufacturing and tooling, Automotive
- Singapore - Singapore
Before Start of Production:
- Learning and helping develop automotive assembly production processes as part of the UK based team building prototype vehicles.
- Passing this process knowledge onto the wider production operations team through training ahead of pre-production builds and into start of production
After Start of Production:
- Monitoring a group of operators within a defined zone during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures.
- Motivating those operators to meet required production throughput levels while maintaining the highest possible quality standards.
- Ensure quality of vehicles leaving the zone by way of repair or rework where possible, or prompt identification of the defect through the correct route where not.
- Thorough knowledge of, and ability to complete, all processes within the defined zone to provide support, guidance and assistance to the operator team as required.
- Ensure good housekeeping of the zone, meeting established 5S standards.
- Coordination with Logistics teams to ensure parts are available lineside as and when needed to keep production flowing.
- Be a leadership resource to team members, provide knowledge, experience, motivation, support and advice.
- Escalate any issues impacting on quality or throughput that cannot be resolved to immediate supervisor without delay.
- Nitec or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a continuous production, industrial manufacturing environment; preferably on a high throughput, semi-automated production line.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment; with good knowledge of lean fundamentals, and how these should be applied to manufacturing processes.
- Must be willing to spend significant time abroad during prototype build stages.
- Hardworking and able to get things done
- Experience of an automotive assembly environment is beneficial but not essential.
- Previous involvement in the ramp-up period of a new manufacturing facility would be advantageous.
- Experience with high speed and high precision automation.
- Experience in supervising semi-skilled direct labour personnel.
- Previous experience in defining SOPs.
- Previous experience with electronic configuration and testing systems.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.