- Canada - Toronto Office
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 5,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cordless stick vacuum powered by our Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve introduced purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing products that are both different and better. But coming up with revolutionary products is just the beginning – our success relies on our ability to get our products on the market. This is where our Sales team comes in.
About the role:
You will manage and develop trading relations with a portfolio of national retailers. You’ll achieve sales, profit and inventory objectives, propose strategies, and confidently see them through – all the while questioning convention and looking at new ways to do things.
Specifically, you will –
- Deliver profit, net revenue and volume targets for your national accounts
- Manage individual promotional budgets
- Use accurate and detailed planning to deliver sales forecasts
- Conduct ROI analysis, ensuring effective investment and business planning
- Develop and execute account-specific plans through the Territory Sales Management team
- Liaise with Territory Sales Managers, receiving and acting on feedback from stores and the marketplace
- Contribute to overall strategic planning activity
- Negotiate trading agreements within your portfolio, ensuring financial compliance with trading terms
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
An assertive, creative and bright Account Manager who has –
- 2-3 years of retail account management experience (ideally working with premium brands), with an excellent track record of achievements
- University degree
- Solid understanding of the consumer packaged goods industry
- Negotiation skills, with experience at Buyer level and below
- Experience creating & executing digital marketing plans with retailers
- Experience with different retail Channels in Canada, including Mass, Club, Department Store, DIY and Premium Beauty
- Ability to influence at Buyer level and inspire confidence across all areas of the business, both within the company and with customers
- Strong analytical skills including forecasting, business insights, and P&L management
- Ability to identify the root cause of complex problems, generate creative solutions, and build strategic plans
- Financial awareness, in particular the ability to manage budgets and de-code profit and loss accounts
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven team spirit
- Engaging, driven and dynamic personality
- Computer skills, with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.