- India - Gurgaon Office
Accountant in Financial Controlling Department
The Dyson Business Services (DBS) organisation provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of innovating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This is a key role to provide the operational excellence in DBS Centre, driving the process improvements and automation in Finance Services. Our goal is to be the trusted and preferred partner with the Business. We act at the forefront when it comes to deploying technology to design scalable solutions. We are competent and passionate about work – highly resilient to challenges.
About The Role
The Accountant in Financial Controlling Department will be responsible for:
- Ensure Dyson financials are prepared in line with application of accounting policies and guidelines.
- Perform accurate and timely period end close activities for the Markets assigned.
- Prepare accurate balance sheet reconciliations in line with deadlines, drive the resolution for the aged/unexplained items.
- Support the monthly control of the chosen areas of both BS and PL (e.g.: Payroll and Promo and Rebates part)
- Support preparation of the data and analysis required for different financial reports (incl.: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, Cash Flow, Local tax and statutory related reporting, other financial analysis) required by Financial Controllers in line with agreed deadlines.
- Support the preparation of the data required by Financial Controllers for annual Statutory Accounts and Tax submission.
- Support the year end activities.
- Support samples and reports preparation for the internal and external audit process.
- Perform internal controls activities to ensure compliance.
- Establish understanding of performance drivers for the month and follow up as required, investigating all variances and issues.
- Ensure knowledge of markets both from a control and commercial standpoint are maintained.
- Be Business Partner for DBS Financial Controllers, Local Market, Group Finance, Group Treasury, Group Tax, Global Process Owners, and DBS Functions incl. HR and Payroll. Drive collaboration to achieve operational excellence.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Financial Control Manager.
- Drive the improvements and participate in the projects according to the assignment by the Financial Control Manager.
The Accountant in Financial Controlling Department is expected on HOW:
- Responsibility and independency in the resolution of issues.
- Presenting pro can do attitude and improvement mindset.
- Being Team Player.
- Being Agile and Change Driver.
- Being cooperative in the multicultural environment.
- Efficient in managing tasks under tight deadlines.
- Overall accounting knowledge, previous work experience in one of EU countries will be a plus.
- University degree (Business / Finance / Economy / Management).
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in RTR/Controlling/Reporting Department in the international organisation.
- Knowledge of SAP and Blackline; lean six sigma qualification is a plus.
- Strong Excel knowledge.
- Fluency in English and clear and concise communication style.
- Thorough and detail oriented.
- Analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and inquisitive.
- Flexibility in working hours to EMEA region.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.