- Commensurate with experience
- Information Technology
- Chicago - USA
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our End User Services team
- The End User Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk and End User Computing Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 16,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are adhered to across all aspects of IT globally
- Drive continual improvement into the end user services space in light with Dyson’s growth
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role
Evangelizing collaboration technologies:
- Provide expertise and guidance on the potential use of collaboration technologies within the business
- Communicating and guide users to adopt best practices for use of all approved collaboration technologies
- Designing and deliver training in multiple forms (self-assistance documentation, video training, in-person training, knowledge articles, etc) for all employees in your assigned area on collaboration technologies
- Managing multiple projects through to completion simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal customers, partners and team members
- Providing outstanding customer experiences to internal customers at all touch points
Solution Design and Development:
- Advising internal customers on solution design best practices and serve as the go-to-person for collaboration technologies
- Serving as the initial point of contact for all solution requests from your assigned area.
- Gather and help define requirements
- Determine whether the requested solution would be best suited as a front-end configuration or needs to be escalated to a formal customization project
- Work with the internal customer to explore the use of out of the box technologies to solve their business needs
- Ensure complex solution requests are initiated into the project pipeline and serve as SME through the life of the project
- Designing and building simple solutions to solve business needs using out of the box capabilities
Service and Support:
- Becoming the go-to-person for internal customer questions, inquiries and challenges
- Determining when an issue should be escalated through incident response teams
- Serving as the liaison between the business and IT issues resolution teams as needed to ensure issues are resolved
You must be an effective communicator and who has the ability to conceptualize, plan, document and communicate effectively. You will possess positive energy and passion for collaboration technologies, develop value added service definitions and help lead change.
- Expertise and experience in communication, workflow and collaboration tools and Enterprise social networking tools
- Strong knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications and systems that support collaboration technologies
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint 2013 and Office 365
- An understanding of common SharePoint and Office 365 development practices and languages
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with intense drive to learn and adopt
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile project management
- ITIL service management awareness or certification
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Future focused approach to collaboration technology and a passion for discovering new ways of working
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.