- Motors and Power Systems, Automotive, Energy storage, Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- sn160rp, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
* Deliver robust battery pack design solutions that fulfil the fundamental design requirements, achieving world class levels of power density.
* Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline
* Understand and comply with all relevant International Standards.
* Develop innovative & novel concepts with high value IP.
* Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to proof of principle.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of systems engineering principles to define, optimise and validate product performance.
* Have the ability to understand the overall product concept and contribute significantly to influence its design through knowledge of the latest technologies & methods.
* Be a source of design engineering expertise to advise on design, development, material, manufacturing, validation and test issues.
* Develop 3D CAD and engineering drawings for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
* Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA to develop concepts and validate designs
* Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency
* Have the ability to build and manage relationships both internally and externally with suppliers and academic bodies
Education and experience:
* A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (2:1 degree or better) with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
* Good level of knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages,
* Ability to apply systems engineering principles to translate fundamental business / system requirements into system design definition and sub-system / component requirements.
* Working understanding of technical risk management processes including Functional / Design FMEA
* Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques plus experience in definition of manual and automated assembly processes
* Appreciation of relevant national, European and Worldwide regulations and legislation
* Working knowledge of GD&T
* Electrical systems integration
* Recent experience of EV battery pack design and development
* Knowledge of adhesive selection and use.
* Appreciation of relevant motor technology or high speed rotating machinery
* An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems
* Assembly supplier selection
* Basic working knowledge of analytical techniques, including Finite Element Analysis (ideally Ansys) for basic structural, vibratory, thermal and shock load considerations
* Basic understanding of thermal systems design
Essential behavioural skills:
* The ability to take a leadership position within a project with little direction
* Good analytical ability and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
* Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas,
* To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams.
* Excellent team working skills.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines