- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Based 5 days on-site at our Malmesbury location.
The Content Team within Dyson team responsible for creating content which plays out in social channels. From concepting to maintaining full funnel best practice execution across multiple global social media properties eg Facebook, Insta, Pinterest, TikTok, WeChat, Weibo etc.
We work collaboratively with local Dyson creative teams at Centres of Excellence and closely with our colleagues across Comms and Digital to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil an understanding of and confidence in the products performance, distinct commercial benefits to the business and ultimately brand advocacy and loyalty.
As the Art Director for the Content to the Content Creative Director, you will lead creative development for global toolkits. At the core of the role, you’ll be creating global assets for Centres of Excellence to translate into local channels and ensuring that these assets are applied correctly, consistently and in line with our visual identity guidelines. That means you will understand our brand, our philosophy and ethos inside out and use this understanding to create effective Dyson experiences adapted for the regional consumer.
You will be a social expert and understand the nuances of execution specific to the channel. You will be fascinated in the performance data received post campaign and constantly strive to tweak ideas and executions to maximise performance.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Commercial marketing teams (commercial, comms, digital, sales) to ensure that briefs are strategically right for our reputation and appropriate for our business, balancing short term sales objectives with the longer term identity of Dyson. Understanding and championing content which delivers real benefit for the consumer.
- Work with our in house film team and third party film/video production agencies to ensure assets are implemented correctly in every channel and platform and produced to Dyson’s high creative standards. Where global assets do not fulfill the challenges of a local market requirement, you will also conceptualize new locally relevant content and then oversee their launch in conjunction with brand, social, digital, PR and retail Dyson teams.
- Interrogate the creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about and collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless integrated campaigns.
- And while you will be working with production partners you will also need to be hands on; designing, directing, advising, reviewing and artworking
- Be comfortable presenting work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Have the ability to work on multiple tasks, remain calm under pressure, solve problems efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with Commercial, Legal and Performance team colleagues to create solutions that are responsive and robust
- Define and direct sound design elements to bring further dimension to our advertising whilst understanding the confines and consumer behaviours of certain social channels. Design for sound off, delight with sound on.
- Oversee post-production elements such as editing, colour grade, retouch and clean-up, CGI work.
- Ensuring all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand and design guidelines.
- Finally you’ll love technology and build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves and the engineering of our products
- 7+ years of experience in concept and design based social media, whether in house or advertising agency
- Deep knowledge of social channels and the unique challenges, behaviours, and cultural nuances of our consumers
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates social content that delivers against objectives and demonstrates evolving adoption of best practice executions
- Experience in leading and mentoring other designers, setting tasks and checking their work at key milestones to ensure they are on-brief and adhere to Dyson guidelines
- Experience in developing localised versions of globally created brand assets that are able to be adapted locally – capacity to effectively tr
- Extensive knowledge of creative/design software tools, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication, graphic design, advertising or similar field
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café, restaurants and free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.