- Science and Research
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Acoustic or Fluid Dynamics Engineer to work within a small team of like-minded engineering problem solvers within our Research, Design and Development department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the acoustic design and development of our class leading products, with a focus on aerodynamic optimisation. This will involve, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), noise and vibration measurement, and signal processing, to turn our next generation ideas into working products. The problems you will be solving often have no precedent, so curiosity to learn new areas of physics, is encouraged.
- Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to postproduction stage.
- Support design and development using CFD simulation, acoustic and aerodynamic measurement, and signal processing.
- Optimise and develop engineering simulation tools for noise and vibration.
- Analyse test and simulation results, summarise findings and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
- Work with design teams to optimise our products and integrate new acoustic solutions.
- Identify potential new research areas which would benefit from noise and vibration technology development.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Acoustics or equivalent
- Experience in CFD.
- A clear logical thinker, curious about new concepts, with a creative approach to solving problems.
- Ability to communicate complex results and concepts to designers, senior management and engineering teams across our locations
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Experience of noise and vibration data acquisition hardware and software.
- Programming or signal processing experience (MATLAB preferred).
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
- Electrical vehicle lease scheme options
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.