- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Hullavington - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our Software team develops app integration and ensures connectivity in our machines.
About the roleWe’re looking for an Agile Test Engineer to join our Mobile development team in the centre of Bristol. Dyson Link is our IoT solution to enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment. It includes the key components required to create an exciting connected product experience, from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services. You will be a technical tester who values shipping quality builds on a regular basis. You are able to contribute to a growing test automation code-base and toolchain. You can swiftly spot weaknesses in a system made of many moving parts; you’re up to date with what’s changed in the latest Android or iOS releases and understand their impact. You can also proactively write code to extend a test framework and automate tests to ensure bugs don’t surface again.
You’ll be working to create a world class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside a formidable team of fellow engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Be an integral part of an Agile development team, formulating, executing and guiding test strategies for stories but also understanding the bigger system wide picture. Provide critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature.
- Perform exploratory testing, being able to de-construct the interactions between apps, products and a micro-service-oriented cloud platform to find weak spots.
- Implementing automated UI tests, contributing to tests written in using native UI automation tools such as XCUITest and Espresso.
- Spot where automation can help and add capabilities to in-house crafted emulators and diagnostics tools to make future testing easier.
- Discover and reproduce bugs, documenting them in our JIRA project.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with project managers, internal customers and developers to prioritise defects/bugs on live projects and regular releases.
- Exposure to Xcode and Android Studio development environments
- Proficient, or interested in, open source test frameworks like Cucumber and appium and programming in Ruby.
- Proficient, or interested in the native app automation frameworks like XCUITest and espresso.
- Ability to map faults/issues to the overall technical architecture of our cloud based services, apps and products.
- Experience of and/or interest in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile methodologies. Help drive our approach to QA and keep learning about best practice across the industry
- Experience of creating test frameworks and pragmatic strategies, assessing automated testing tools and creating test methods.
- Familiarity with automated build/deployment of mobile app builds, AppCentre or Test Flight.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, MQTT, Amazon Device Farm/Xamarin Cloud or similar and connected embedded systems.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- City centre location
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.