- Operational Engineering
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
JOB TITLE: Intermediate Additive Manufacturing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: RDD Prototyping
As an Intermediate Additive Manufacturing Specialist, you will be taking digital CAD data and producing, 3D printed components from it for the complete range of Dyson projects. You will be an essential part of the Prototype department, working with our 3D printing machines to process and build 3D printed components. This role involves print programming, dealing with machines, breakout and basic post processing of parts before they go to our model making team for final finishing.
• Build prototype parts to a high standard and within required lead times for technology research and product design
• Digitally processing 3D printed parts and assembling builds
• Unloading and loading build platforms
• Washing and curing parts
• Working with suppliers to keep the machines well maintained and utilized
• Review workload and where potential delays are foreseen, ensure timely communication
• Be a proactive member of the Product Prototyping Team and who offers practical ideas and solutions
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
You’ll be the kind of person who has a drive to learn and develop and who thrives in a busy environment. With a careful and considered approach, you’ll be a driving force for change and delivering excellence.
- An interest in additive manufacturing
- Knowledge of 3D printing and processes desirable.
- Strong PC skills, Excel, CAD etc.
- Ability to use all model making and general workshop equipment
• Initiative and Proactivity: Able to work unsupervised, pre-empting problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
• Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
• Concern for accuracy: Good attention to detail, consistently delivering the required level of accuracy and quality
• Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
• Communication: Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role particularly with engineers to ensure that the prototype is delivered on time
• Planning and Organizing: Highly organised and able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
• Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
• Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
• Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
• Cleanliness: Takes pride in the cleanliness of area and continually strives to keep area in showcase condition
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.