- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Chicago, IL, USA
About the roleAs part of our strategic people agenda, Dyson aspires to offer an employee experience aligning to that of the 5-star experience we offer to our customers. We would like to create an inclusive environment where all talent thrives. We have a number of initiatives in place today that are led by our people and across our HR team which are performing well. However, we can, and we must do so much more.
By driving the Diversity and Inclusion agenda across the Dyson Americas region and by integrating with the global D&I director, this role will champion and provide expertise on diversity and inclusion matters across the organisation, partnering closely with HR, the business and our global support functions.
The role will be accountable for the delivery of our diversity strategy to deliver tangible results.This is an exciting opportunity to lead change in an organisation to reinvent itself for the next generation of talent driving new ideas, innovate technology and connect with our global and diverse consumer population.
Specifically, this role will:
- Drive the execution and alignment of our regional diversity and inclusion strategy
- Proactively engage with, influence, and advise senior leaders (i.e. regional leadership team and global stakeholders) on the topic of, and business impact of, Diversity & Inclusion
- Partner with the existing D&I Taskforce and drive tangible results, partnering with the existing HR functions.
- Build accountability and a sense of ownership for diversity at senior leadership level; working with HR business partners to coach senior leaders in their roles as champions
- Promote the D&I vision across functional boundaries, ensuring integration and alignment across relevant People initiatives and relevant business activities (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Legal, etc.)
- Lead the execution of an integrated, HR wide evaluation of diversity and inclusion initiatives to drive improved diversity across all teams
- Leverage a network of Diversity & Inclusion leads across the People team to execute open specific actions and initiatives
- Partner with HR leads to determine, drive and report on diversity enhancement metrics across all teams.
- Partner with our Senior HRBP lead on D&I to provide a focal point and senior level sponsorship to D&I groups and forums across Dyson
- Champion the needs of all Dyson employees and promote an inclusive working environment that leverages the benefits of diversity and values the contribution of all staff
- Establish a clear communication framework, structures and channels (i.e. leveraging Yammer) to promote diversity and inclusion messages and inclusion groups
- Develop a clear set of metrics to measure, track, and report on the impact and benefits of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives on business performance and employee engagement
- Minimum 5 years working within a global matrixed organization
- Experience working on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, programs and/or plans is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive change projects and create inclusive teams
- Proven success in stakeholder management, cross-functional relationships and building credibility with all levels of the organization
- Understanding of change management process with the ability to facilitate process through to completion
- Proven experience of improving diversity across a large global organization, working with c-suite stakeholders to drive results
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.