- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
This position sits within the dynamic Global Technology Development (GTD) department that drives the performance of Dyson products to the edge of what’s possible!
About the role
- Conduct standard investigative and verification tests according to Test Methods (TM) independently without supervision.
- Produce accurate results and deliver in timely manner to the analysis engineer in a clear presentation.
- Proactively share results clearly and effectively from simple tests in engineering meetings with good understanding on the subject.
- Provide understanding of the test results and able to spot any result deviation unprompted.
- Correctly utilize and maintain the equipment involved for testing and how the equipment is relevant to the TM's objective.
- Adhere to lab processes for effective execution.
- Manage the calibration activities to a number of lab equipment for maintaining accurate test results.
- Identify equipment malfunction independently and perform troubleshooting on common causes of malfunction in a shortest time.
- Actively contribute towards lab ownership activities such as 5S, external visit, and process/capability improvements.
- Contribute towards H&S Committee, Risk Assessment, and Audit Actions.
Experimentation Capability Improvement:
- Plan and deliver improvement projects related to one discipline (ie. mechanical, electronics, and programming).
- Deploy the improvement into usage by all relevant stakeholders, through training, documentation, and presentation to the relevant audience.
- A good diploma from a reputable Polytechnic, in Mechanical Engineering.
- Past working experience in test and laboratory environment will be preferred.
- Experience in CAD software (eg. NX) will be necessary.
- Experience in programming languages in projects will be preferred (eg. Labview, Excel VBA).
- Experience in Statistical Analysis (Inference, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and GR&R) will be an added advantage.
- Resourcefulness in making the best possible delivery in the face of constraints.
- Mindset set for growth, with continuous desire of initiating improvements to the way of working.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, upward and across, in the stage of request and result provision.
- Ability to work 12h shifts from 8am to 8pm, 4 days a week.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.