- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Our Data team
This role sits within Dyson's Global Data Services team. This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. Part of the IT organisation, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics Enablement, you will be responsible for activities across communications, talent development, technical consultation and industry engagement.
Job responsibilities include:
- Identifying and launching a series of initiatives and events aimed at greater coordinating efforts and boosting the sense of community.
- Organising and hosting events to bring the global community together.
- Leading a stream of community-wide communications activities that highlight the impact of data & analytics within Dyson, driving cross-functional and global collaboration.
- Evangelising adoption of analytics tools through consultancy on internal and external use-cases and best practice.
- Empowering and connecting analytics teams across the organisation, fostering collaboration and ensuring all successes are communicated and celebrated.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Authentic, well-rounded data professional with an eye for continuous improvement, ideally with experience across multiple functional areas and industries.
- Able to offer guidance and recommendations at all levels that drives best-practice, improves data literacy and generates high impact analytics.
- Passionate about seeing the ‘analyst in everyone’, with the ability to think outside the box in supporting the growth of the community.
- Able to interpret business change requirements and decisions into tangible interventions and activities.
- A proven problem solver when faced with unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to build and sustain a large network of internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong communicator ideally with an aptitude (or appetite) for public speaking.
- Meticulously organised, at home in a constantly changing environment, with an ability to adapt, maintain focus and deliver amid shifting priorities.
- Working in a fast-paced, global environment where standing still isn’t an option.
- Being hands-on with modern analytical tools, technologies and approaches (i.e. Tableau, Looker, R, Jupyter-Labs).
- Global Stakeholder management requiring strong cultural awareness.
- Planning and organising medium-large international events.
- Designing, producing and delivering technical and non-technical training plans.
- A cloud platform (ideally GCP).
- Continuous improvement initiatives and change-management.
- Project and/or product management
- Data-as-a-Service models
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café, restaurants and free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.