- Data Science and Engineering
- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Business Intelligence & Data Analytics is the EMEA regional data function. We are a team of doers supporting commercial activities (sales and marketing) and the entire value-chain from logistics to post-sales customer experiences with data and insights. With access to a variety of disjointed data sets, our responsibility covers the data journey spectrum from identification and acquisition to modelling and visualization.
About the role
- You will have hands-on experience with leveraging data from a selection of data sources from different technologies (e.g. SQL, Big Query, etc.), and a keen understanding of data models and ETL processes.
- Work with existing data sources, harvest, blend and prepare consolidated data sets for Business Intelligence or analyses;
- Support data requests from all areas of the business by querying existing data and identifying opportunities to enhance insights by using outside data sources;
- Support the Data Science function by building automated ETL pipelines for modeling;
- Apply logical thinking and business understanding to offer recommendations based on data you prepare; and
- Engage with the business and data product managers to shape and refine their questions.
- Act as the data analytics expert with business stakeholders
- Orchestrate ETL across existing data sets
- Apply business logic transforming raw data to a business relevant information source
- Investigate data relevance, completeness, and accuracy
- Coordinate with global data teams for new data requests or existing data inconsistencies
- Where necessary, build full data design and ETL process of new data sources
- Design & implement solutions that drive operational efficiency
- Provide proactive communication with stakeholders
- 2 – 5 years experience querying, joining, and extracting data along with building meaningful business insights
- Drive to understand the entire data landscape, passion to understand the business and filling gaps where they exist
- Ability to interact and collaborate with local analytics team, global data teams, market analytics teams, and the wider business
- Self-driven individual with drive to solve customer problems. Team player and good communicator
- Proven track record in data cleansing and blending (internally and externally) to drive richer insights
- Working experience with cloud-based platforms. Comfortable querying modern cloud databases (e.g. Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift)
- A degree in Statistics/Math/Information Systems or a science / engineering degree with a keen interest in data or equivalent on the job experience
- Educational credentials are valued, but innovation and excellence are essential
- Company Bonus Scheme OR Performance related bonus
- Discount on Dyson products (x3 40% per calendar year)
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
- Transportation allowance (0,19€/km regardless of the means of transport)
- Health Insurance – Medical Contribution
- Eye Examination & Computer Glasses Reimbursement
- Fresh fruits and Friday quiz
- Transport / Parking
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.