- Data Analysis
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role
You will have hands-on experience with leveraging data from a wide selection of data sources from different technologies e.g. SQL db, Big Query, etc., and a keen understanding of data models and ETL processes. Using tools like R, Python, and any visualization tools (when required), you can acquire, analyze, and visualize data effectively.
- You will support data requests from all areas of the business by querying existing data and identifying opportunities to enhance insights by using outside data sources.
- You will build full data design and ETL process of new data sources.
- You will support the BI function by building views to power Dashboards and applications.
- You will support the Data Science function by building automated ETL pipelines for data needed in modeling.
- You apply logical thinking and business understanding to offer recommendations based on data you prepare.
- You will engage with the business and data product managers to shape and refine their questions.
- You will build business facing dashboards and applications to enable self-service analytics
- Cutting edge approaches are key to keeping pace with Dyson’s innovative culture. You will be expected to stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies and methodologies.
Person Specification / Core Competencies
- 1 – 3 years experience querying, joining, and extracting data along with building meaningful business insights.
- Drive to understand the entire data landscape, and filling gaps where they exist.
- Passion to understand the business, frame problems, and deliver practical solutions in short timeframes.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with local analytics team, along with Group Data Function, other market analytics teams, and the wider business
- Self-driven individual with drive to solve customer problems. Team player and good communicator - capable of building great stories out of sparse data.
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex data models to business audiences
- A degree in Statistics/ML/Business Analytics or a science / engineering degree with a keen interest in data or equivalent on the job experience.
- Educational credentials are valued, but innovation and excellence are essential.
- Strong Python skills with a focus on data management and automation
- Working experience with cloud-based platforms. Comfortable querying modern cloud databases (e.g. Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift).
- Experience building functional dashboards (Tableau, Looker)
- Successful use of software engineering best practices, including version control (Git, Mercurial), unit testing and working with Agile delivery principles.
- Proven track record in data cleansing and blending (internally and externally) to drive richer insights
- Knowledge of how to host automated ETL pipelines using Google Cloud Platform tools
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge of Data Science modeling
- Data visualization and app development techniques (App Engine, PowerApps)
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognize that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.