- Data Science
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the roleWe are currently seeking an Analytics Engineer Manager to join the Business Intelligence Team embedded within the ‘Quality & Sustainability Function’.
You will be responsible for the strategic development of the Data Platforms used by the Quality & Sustainability functions, encompassing different data domains: CRM, Backoffice, Manufacturing, Consumer Perception, Connected data.
You will collaborate closely with IT to ensure the data platforms ingest, transform and model all relevant information required for the Quality & Sustainability analytics needs, and will count on an small team of analytic engineers focused on the development of the most advanced reporting layers of the data platforms.
- Relevant experience in Cloud Data warehousing
- Bigquery (or Redshift or Snowflake)
- Familiarity with implementing data transformation processes in cloud platforms (dbt, Airflowm Matilliion, Talend, Informatica...)
- DataOps CI/CD
- Data modelling, Kimball methodology
- Technical leadership of design processes
- Hands on background
- Relevant experience in project and stakeholder management
- Jira, Kanban/Scrum
- Translate cross-departmental business needs into data platform development requirements
- Management of small teams of data engineers
- Forward thinking
- Interest in how business works and desire to improve our performance
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Thrives on change
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Experience productionising/utilising Data Science projects
- Exposure to CRM and Backoffice data domains
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.