- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Research, Design and Development is the heart of Dyson products. Our people are focused on enabling hardware and software to work together, developing intelligent machines which understand and react to their environment to deliver superior performance. To this end, we invest over £7m per week into research and development and have over 200 live technology projects as well as 50 active research programmes with 40 universities. We plan to spend £100m over the next three years on external technology investments and have pledged to invest £1bn in the development of next generation battery technology. There is plenty to talk about.
About the Role
- Deliver and ensure that key global, regional and market information for APAC is shared and understood effectively.
- Drive and deliver APAC engagement projects, from ideation, implement and measuring success
- Partner with APAC LT on regional initiatives and provide support for consistent and clear communications where necessary
- Take shared responsibility for market internal communication, for people understanding, engagement and culture are properly built at the market level
- Support the APAC Regional President and leaders to sustain an APAC regional voice through livestreams, newsletter updates, leadership emails and unified narratives and vision-setting.
The role is part of the APAC Regional Hub in Singapore, and will report to the APAC Communications Director.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure the effective flow of company updates and decisions from the Dyson Leadership Group.
- Organise regular APAC Café briefing, set topics, creating script, video content, gathering content, managing Teams Live and carrying out preparation sessions and rehearsals
- Coordinate the right flow of information: ensure global messages are cascaded in the region and that local and regional updates are also shared globally
- Plan, draft, edit, approve, and send the APAC monthly newsletter via Poppulo (or any other new channel)
- Meet bi-weekly with market internal communication lead in APAC, to understand the local needs, provide insights from APAC, and ensure regional/ global messages are well delivered in the market clearly and timely.
- Work with markets for regionally/ globally driven program local implementation, including summer/ year end party,
- Consult with market specific internal communication needs and drive
- Drive and implement APAC engagement project, including APAC New Voice program, APAC award communication and APAC Coffee Roulette
- Initiate and come up with APAC new engagement as needed
- Suggest and implement new channels, systems or media that can keep remote and in-office engagement safe but relevant. Spotlight best practice in markets and collate and share ideas
- Be a partner market or related APAC function, to ensure understanding of key projects and how to manage the communication to different stakeholders and wider regional team
- Build internal communications plans around all major regional transformation projects
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in an Internal communications role, ability to work across multiple markets
- Proficient writing and engaging messaging/ contents generation skills
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with senior leadership, and in-market teams
- Evidence of experience in managing a comprehensive communications program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization in order to bring about change.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.