- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Information Technology
- Chicago, IL, USA
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Application Business Services Team:
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dyson's global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
About the roleReporting to the Senior Delivery Manager or Head of Application Development and operations, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Delivery Leads (Agile Project Managers) to deliver technical solutions to support Dyson’s growth ambitions.
- Develop and maintain a rolling backlog across the Platform for Business and IT change, challenging benefit and priority where required.
- Working with Product Owners, Technical Architects and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
- Working with cross-functional teams within a software practice ensuring that the work fed into, and processed through the development scrum teams is of the right technical quality
- Partnering with the Project Management team on projects to ensure they are properly scheduled and resources assigned
- Collaborating with business teams to understand and deliver their application requirements, including maintaining and modifying existing applications along with creating new applications
- Ensuring that all applications are developed with Operations in mind, adhering to non-functional requirements such as performance or security
- Assist in identifying application weaknesses and recommend solutions that utilize the most efficient and current technologies to improve the application
- Collaborating to improve the effectiveness of our ways of working
- Other duties as assigned
- Dynamic, self-motivated with a desire to produce the best solution possible
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly, and be flexible in the tasks and activities undertaken
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst showing attention to detail
- Ability to show sensitivity to the wider cultural differences across Dyson globally
- Ability to develop in-depth business knowledge and provide technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel globally for project work to Dyson’s locations if necessary
- Results-driven and assertive
- Able to guide and nurture business users
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Problem solver
- Scaled Agile Framework experience or other Agile scaling approach
- Previous team management experience
- Professional experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience with large-scale web sites and applications
- High initiative
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritizes multiple tasks effectively
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.