- Business Development
- United States - Massachusetts Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
This role’s assigned geography includes 18 states on the east coast, but can be based in the following US States: MA, NY, NJ, CT and in proximity to a major international airport.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Increase awareness of Dyson Professional products with the A&D community to create a pipeline of specifications to support sales objectives being met. The successful candidate will target key personnel within commercially focused architectural and design firms creating awareness, education and advocacy. Ultimately gaining acceptance of Dyson Airblade to secure the specification in related construction documents. The successful candidate will log all activities in Salesforce CRM system and introduce key contacts within the architectural and design firms to their local (Business Development Executive) and RSM (Regional Sales Manager).
Analyze, plan and execute the regional specification plan to build awareness among specifier firms
- Analyze and interpret key metrics which drive the Dyson B2B business using Dodge Business Intelligence, CIC and publicly available information.
- Develop and manage specification partners in designated territory.
- Meet, train and demonstrate our products to architects, specifiers and designers in targeted firms with the ultimate goal of getting Dyson products specified in projects.
- Respond quickly to all inquiries for specification from various marketing resources, generally within 24-48 hours.
- Work seamlessly within US and local specification strategy initiatives.
Partner with market-level BDE
- Actively participate with regional and national teams to discuss and share successful procedures to approach key contacts in the A&D community.
- Target, contact, schedule and conduct accredited CE Lunch & Learns in a remote or in-person format for all audience sizes.
- Engage and partner with Dyson BDE daily to assess market conditions, exchange information, and capitalize on opportunities to achieve sales targets.
- Be able to work under predetermined targets recording activity into Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with core functions (marketing, logistics, legal, finance, etc.) to deliver on business objectives.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proven success in sales prospecting, account management, and negotiation.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Up to 50% overnight travel required
- Bachelor Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a professional, sales-driven or sales-adjacent role
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Proven success in prospecting, account management, and negotiation
- Must have experience in understanding commercial building materials
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- A top-notch communicator and expert public speaker.
- Proficient in the standard business tech stack (MS Office, for example) Willingness to learn other software as necessary.
- Curious about the world around you
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and business transactions
- Must be willing to work within KPI-driven environment
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.