- Netherlands - Country Remote
Area Manager - South Netherlands
The Retail Sales team is a core part of Dyson’s Benelux Sales Department. We are looking for a dynamic driven candidate who has some experience as a People Manager, and is looking to expand their commercial skills and develop their leadership skills.
As an Area Manager you will drive product sales through your team of Experts, and the awareness you build of the Dyson brand within our retailer’s stores. Regionally based, you will work closely within your team and use relationships with Account Management, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure Dyson’s sales strategy is delivered in your area.
As an Area Manager you will deliver:
1. Driving sales value growth in your region
- Increase Dyson sales value within your region. Identify sales opportunities from sales out data to develop short term goals to increase
Dyson sales within regions and individual retailers. Identify new business opportunities within the independent sector and drive Dyson distribution within the region.
- Ensure call frequencies are maintained with effective time management and journey planning.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Store Managers, Regional Operational Managers and key influencers.
- Conduct effective route planning to ensure best possible use of time, focusing on ROI of time.
2. People Management
- Lead the performance management, motivation and capability of Experts to ensure delivery against their sales targets.
- Conduct focused and regular store visits to develop and coach your team.
- Conduct meaningful 1:1’s, driving a high performance team. Hold development discussions and ensure these are captured and acted on with the individual.
- Actively coach, mentor and train direct reports to ensure procedures are followed and standards are met.
- Professionally and consistently manage any potential employee relations situations as they arise to support best practice within company guidelines.
- Partner HR in any Discipline, Grievance and Absence Management related issues.
Encourage and support team in expediting any relevant development opportunities in line with agreed individuals personal development plan.
- Analyse your area performance and formulate sales development plans to ensure you exceed your targets.
- Build a strong working relationship with fellow Area Manager to share best practice and sales initiatives.
- Liaise with the Retail Operations team to ensure Excellence in execution.
- Lead and support on recruitment and selection.
- Manage the HR system, weekly reporting and administration for your team, including: Input and manage demonstrator holidays and absences onto the central HR system. Record and upload store visit reports.
- Conduct in store training sessions with demonstrators as necessary and particularly in connection to the launch of NPD.
- Run or support induction days, up skilling Demonstrators in Dyson ways of working and expectations.
3. Ensure Dyson always has excellence in execution throughout Retail
- Merchandise retail stores with correct point of sale materials and achieve a minimum standard instore upon entry to store, as well as exit through excellent in store relations and strong business conversations.
- Ensure Dyson displays are clean, tidy and shoppable.
4. Build brand advocacy with retailers’ staff
- Conduct product training of all Sales Associates, Department Managers and Store Managers on the Dyson products through spontaneous and pre booked training sessions.
5. Increase awareness of the brand within our retailers’ stores.
- Negotiate, set up, and implement additional display space in store for an agreed time frame.
- Promote the full range of Dyson products including accessories, environmental control and non-floor care, highlighting key technology and NPD.
6. Support National Customer Management Team
- Provide weekly reports with photographs on the stores visited, sharing feedback and best practice to your team.
- Attend regular Monthly and weekly Benelux Retail Team meetings at Dyson head office as well as quarterly 2 days meetings for which nights away from home will be necessary.
- Complete any administration task as required within the role
7. Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions.
Please note this position will require evening and weekend working. There are also times during the year where further travel may be required to cover a surrounding postcode or territory.
What we're looking for is an individual who has
- Broad business knowledge.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Exceptional product knowledge.
- Previous experience of People Management.
- Previous target driven experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective cross departmental working.
- High level of PC skills, including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organisational and planning ability.
- Self-motivated and an exceptional team player.
- High level presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent decision making ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Proactive, driven and enthusiastic approach to work.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.