- United Kingdom - England Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About The Job
The Field Sales team is a core part of the Dyson’s Sales Department. As Area Manager, you will drive product sales and build awareness of the Dyson brand within our retailer’s stores. This could be your first step into leadership and further hone your relationship building skills.
Regionally based you will work closely with Account Managers, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure Dyson’s sales strategy is delivered in their area.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Drive sales value growth in your defined region
- Develop and increase Dyson product value sales within your region. Identify sales opportunities from sales out data and develop short-term goals to increase
- Dyson sales within regions and individual retailers. Identify new business opportunities within the independent sector and drive Dyson distribution within the region.
- Ensure call frequencies are maintained with effective time management and journey planning.
- Manage a regional budget to drive initiatives in store and provide reports to justify sound ROI.
- Own the P/L and store profitable targets and KPI’s for your Area, own the Fixturisation proposal and process, together with the District Manager, Retail Activations & National Accounts team
- Build and maintain effective relationships with third party retailers Store Managers, Regional Operational Managers and key influencers.
- Analyse your area performance and formulate sales development plans to ensure you exceed your targets.
- Conduct effective route planning to ensure best possible use of time.
2. Team Management
- Lead the performance management, motivation and capability of demonstrators (Expert) to ensure delivery against their daily sales targets.
- Conduct regular store visits to monitor compliance and use as feedback in conversations with the Demonstrators.
- Conduct meaningful 1:1’s, driving a high performance team. Hold development discussions and ensure these are captured and acted on with the individual.
- Actively coach, mentor and train direct reports to ensure procedures are followed and standards are met.
- Professionally and consistently, manage any potential employee relations situations as they arise to support best practice within company guidelines.
- Partner HR in any Discipline, Grievance and Absence Management related issues.
Encourage and support team in expediting any relevant development opportunities in line with agreed individuals personal development plan.
- Build a strong working relationship with fellow Area Manager to share best practice and sales initiatives.
- Liaise with the Administrative support team to ensure Demonstrator compliance on returns and paperwork. Regularly communicate business updates and key information to your team and proactively feedback Demonstrator insights to senior managers.
- Lead and support on recruitment and selection.
- Manage the HR system, weekly reporting and administration for your team, including Input and manage demonstrator holidays and absences onto the central HR system. Record and upload store visit reports.
- Manage the expert programme within external agencies or third party suppliers where applicable
- Conduct in store training sessions with demonstrators as necessary and particularly in connection to the launch of NPD.
- Run or support induction days, up skilling Demonstrators in Dyson ways of working and expectations.
3. Ensure Dyson’s compliance strategy is executed in store
- Merchandise retail stores with correct point of purchase materials and achieve a minimum standard in-store upon entry to store as well as exit through excellent in store relations and strong business conversations.
- Ensure Dyson displays are clean, tidy and shoppable in with our SD policy
- Conduct regular SD check in line with policy and feedback any issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure the CRM salestool is utilised in the tracking of sales tool
4. Build brand advocacy with retailers’ staff
- Conduct product training of all Sales Associates, Department Managers and Store Managers on the Dyson products through spontaneous and pre booked training sessions.
5. Increase awareness of the brand within our retailers’ stores.
- Negotiate, set up, and implement additional display space in store for an agreed period.
- Promote the full range of Dyson products including accessories, environmental control and non-floor care, highlighting key technology and NPD.
6. Support National Customer Management Team
- Provide weekly reports with photographs on the stores visited, sharing feedback and best practice to your team.
- Attend regular Monthly and weekly GB field sales meetings at Dyson head office as well as quarterly 2 days meetings for which nights away from home will be necessary.
- Complete any administration task as required within the role
7. Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions.
Please note this position will require a degree of flexibility to meet customer expectations and from time to time, this may include evening and weekend events, which may require you to stay away from home, including a monthly meeting at head office.
There are also times during the year where further travel may be required to cover a surrounding postcode, territory or category.
What we are looking for is an individual who has
- Broad business knowledge.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Exceptional product knowledge.
- Previous experience of People Management.
- Previous target driven experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective cross-departmental working.
- High level of PC skills, including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organisational and planning ability.
- Self-motivated and an exceptional team player.
- High-level presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Proactive, driven and enthusiastic approach to work.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.