- Supply Chain and Logistics
- China - Shenzhen Office
Dyson Global Logistics is looking for an extraordinary Assistant Logistics Operations Manager to join our team in China. The Assistant Logistics Operations Manager is a key role in the Global Logistics Organisation linking upstream GMP activities both internally and externally, with the respective contract manufacturing operations, to the downstream Freight and Transport and Regional Logistics functional activities. The successful candidate is responsible for the overall performance of origin operations, in both a day-to-day operations setting, as well as the global trade compliance requirements that need to be adhered to.
- Responsible for tactical decisions that are aligned to deliver products and services to markets & owners whilst optimizing the response to operational realities.
- Understands and applies push and pull systems, inventory control and cycle time reduction to manage working capital.
- Uses cost-to-serve analysis to identify collaborative opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates cross-functionally driving an optimized logistics agenda.
- Plans, schedules and manages short and long-term capacity planning from plan to build to ship to receipt.
- Drives strong purchase order management and applies segmentation techniques to ensure focus on critical SKUs.
- Responsible for determining and driving capacity utilization requirements to plan at a PO line level to a synchronized shipment plan.
- Ensures contract manufacturer performance, volumes and timeline goals are met by utilizing systems, tools and standard operating procedures to meet KPI service performance.
- Leverages a strong understanding of customs regulations and ensures accuracy and completeness of trade documentation for export / import.
- Responsible for shipped in-full and on-time performance for each PO line / order.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective actions for service / operational failures.
- Acts as the contract manufacturer main escalation point in resolving operational bottlenecks.
- Works with peers for the effective management and transition of goods from production to transportation that meet both service and cost objectives, whilst increasing agility.
- Is responsible for the accurate management and reporting of inventory booked for transport from the contract manufacturer at a PO line level from source.
- Works in partnership and collaboration with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for service excellence, continuous improvement and the application of innovation.
- Supports Global Logistics Excellence best-practice promotion and adopts value-add practices to constantly drive business process improvement.
- Responsible for the delivery of cost management objectives to budget, including the avoidance of additional costs resulting from process failures.
- Build high-performing and collaborative team culture, both internally and externally with contract manufacturing providers.
- Manages and oversees the deployment of efficient procedures and processes for effective logistics planning and execution.
- Effectively governs, manages and utilises short and long-term capacity planning efforts to deliver accurate and reliable weekly capacity and load planning.
- Ensure all contract manufactures comply with Dyson governance standards that meet visibility, service, and cost requirements.
- Oversees and manages the execution of the export security and compliance requirements.
- Ensures efficient and effective collaboration between cross functional teams and external contract manufacturing and 3pl service providers.
- Works with Logistics Excellence to understand, implement and monitor strategic initiatives that constantly strives to improve efficiencies.
- Works with contract manufacturers, indirect procurement and freight and transport teams to proactively manage outbound flow of goods, avoiding costs associated with detention & demurrage at origin.
- Monitors global standard KPIs that measure and track logistics operations performance, working in close collaboration with Dyson Logistics Performance management to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment, documents and controls logistics operations and procedures, including potential nuances.
- Ensures alignment internally and with contract manufacturers on standards and operating procedures.
- Sets SMART objectives and KPIs that capture, measure and report on the service delivery, data quality and financial performance achieved by each contract manufacturer.
- Dyson China monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it's an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Critical Behaviours for the Role
- Leadership: Ability to attract, lead, manage and inspire logistics talent and resources. Confidence and commitment to delivering the strategic vision and promotes the interests of the logistics organization.
- Impact and influence: Develop and maintains effective and collaborative relationships (internal & external) to facilitate change and ensure cohesion across the network. Able to promote and secure stakeholder buy-in.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts / issues in a constructive manner swiftly. Able to operate effectively and comfortably in a multi-cultural and global environment. Gives direction and support in a respectful and polite manner.
- Flexibility: Deals effectively with uncertainty, ambiguity, and a changing environment.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Role
- Knowledge and strong experience in logistics operations and associated regulatory requirements (including safety, security and import / export compliance law).
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills including the ability to evaluate complex issues and solutions, and the ability to articulate these in an understandable way.
- Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain, with a clarity for understanding the importance and interdependencies associated with each stage of the process - Plan, Source, Make, Deliver.
- Has a strong working knowledge of warehouse, transportation & freight management.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Supply chain degree is desirable.
- 10+ years' operational logistics experience in relevant industries.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel at short notice.
We’re Dyson, a company known for an outstanding commitment to developing revolutionary solutions to every-day problems. Our revolutionary bagless vacuum cleaner has, over the last fourteen years, taken the worldwide market by storm and allowed us to become the most successful manufacturer in our field. Our products are the result of years of innovation and perseverance in design, and we’re pretty proud of them. Who wouldn’t be? They show exactly how determined we are and that only the best will do. New ideas are the lifeblood of Dyson.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.