- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) hair styling tools (Hair dryer, multi-styler and hair iron) and now extended to a wearable category (Dyson Zone).
About the New Category
Dyson Zone is our completely new product that we launch: Noise-Cancelling Headphones with air purification. It is the first Dyson products you can use outside of home.
And we are very excited to work on launching this new product to Korea with someone who is interested to creating an innovative, exciting and disruptive marketing strategies with us!
About the role
You will lead execution of marketing activities in Wearable category. You will be responsible for media execution across all media platforms like TVC, website, social and digital, as well as managing core and tactical products. Also, you will support category manager in New Product launch and other administrative and coordination work within the team. The position also requires working cross functionally and internationally, working with various teams including retail sales, ecommerce, PR, supply chain, group commercial (Global category team) and APAC team.
Main Accountabilites and Supporting Activities
- Working with category manager, develop New Product Launch plan, monthly media execution plan and lead stakeholders in execution, aligned with marketing plan.
- Asset creation: place a brief with a clear direction, review the asset including translation and copy, deliver the final asset in a timely manner to ensure all assets are aligned with media goal and brand guideline.
- Work with media agency to plan best in class media execution, explore innovative new media channels to ensure cut through.
- Lead local activation projects; develop, propose local activation plan and lead execution.
- Effectively manage key external agencies – Creative Agency, Media Agency, Influencer Agency, etc.
- Delivery New Product launch plan for Wearable category.
- Push the measurement of the performance of all activities to prove business benefit.
- Actively participate in group functional marketing team to drive Korea agenda.
- Ensure timely delivery of Business Plan for the business in the area of portfolio management, price points, and consumer target.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- 7 - 9 years of Marketing experience.
- Experiences in Audio, Consumer goods, Information Technology would be preferred.
- A love of music, fashion and city living - we need to represent the target audiences we are trying to reach globally both in terms of mindset and in terms of local culture.
- Should have a personal interest in new tech and consumer trends and actively be using connected wearable products in their own personal life.
- Have a keen interest in audio, not limited to knowledge of scientific elements but also an awareness of the latest music artists and podcasts.
- Brainpower; independent thinker and problem-solving mindset, strong aptitude in analytics and strategic thinking, rational, and prompt.
- Aware of digital trends, actively use new social media platforms out of personal curiosity and monitor trends and behaviours of Millennials and GenZ.
- As a new category without established processes and data and insight, needs to commercially sharp and identify what are the right data points to inform strategy as well as how to close the gap in knowledge. Given the pace of the category, need to be comfortable with ambiguity and be brave in decision making.
- Entrepreneurial; be unafraid to try new things, able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to take risks.
- Team player: flexible, patient, open to new ideas, and able to work cross-functionally, managing all stakeholders. Strong aptitude in inter-personal communication; clear and concise at all levels.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.