- Hong Kong - Office
About the role:
Product Marketing and Collaboration with Counterparts
- Assist in product range planning to maximise long term profitability.
- Support product differentiation strategy across sales channels.
- Effectively manage key external agencies – production, media, research agency, etc.
- Collaborate with other teams such as PR, Retail, Sales, Creative function to drive projects forward and deliver timelines according to schedule.
Locally Relevant Holistic Marketing Activities
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of marketing plans to differentiate Dyson, build brand equity and drive consumer purchase.
- Ensure readiness and timely execution of the planned marketing activities, including new product launches, advertising campaigns, media planning, consumer events, KOL programs, promotions etc.
- Ensure marketing communication messages resonates with the target consumer. Proactively propose new ideas and messages to improve engagement and relevancy.
- Assist with the development of effective media communications, working with media agency to deliver best in class media execution, track media campaign performance and recommend optimization actions to maximize campaign ROI and effectiveness.
Consumer Insights and Market Analysis
- Work with Marketing Manager, define consumer target(s) and profiles, develop propositions and programs to drive business from the consumer target(s).
- Conduct competitor and market data analysis, including go-to-market and product performance claim analysis, to develop counter strategies and claims to win in both Hong Kong & Taiwan market.
- Identify and align with the marketing team any consumer and market knowledge gaps, lead research projects to fill in the knowledge gaps, share findings to rest of organization, and transfer the learning into marketing activities and campaigns.
Fulfill Other Duties as Required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify root cause problems and proactively look for solutions.
Candidates will have the following personal characteristics:
Fast Paced + Professional Discipline
Creative + Entrepreneurial
Resilient + Agile
The Right Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required.
- 6 years/+ brand marketing experience required; preferably with a consumer brand, and in an MNC environment.
- Attention to details.
- Experience and familiarity of Hong Kong & Taiwan markets including the key channels and media vehicles/platforms.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze problems and present viable solutions
- Passion; this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within the organization.
- Creativity; they need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Driven by the desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.