- China - Shanghai Office
Dyson began with James Dyson and a handful of engineers. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
We are all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Overview – department:
The Profit Protection function reports into the Group Security Director and was established in 2017. The Global Security Teams remit is broad and includes Cyber, Corporate Security, Technical Security, Crisis management and Information Security, alongside Profit Protection, providing opportunities to learn and diversify through a broad spectrum of specialisms. The Profit Protection Business Partner role reports into the Regional Profit Protection Manager who is the market Profit Protection lead for the creation and implementation of the Omni Chanel retail risk profile and security strategy and responsible for the unilateral rollout and adoption within all current and future Dyson Omni channel Retail locations.
The Profit Protection team is to ensure that Dyson people, assets and reputation are secured with the adoption of a security posture relevant to the threats, the Dyson brand, and the countries where Dyson have an Omni channel Retail presence. In addition, the team is responsible for the security strategy and standards within the retail supply chain and any investigations concerning loss within the offline retail / logistics environment. This includes new product launches and all risks associated throughout the manufacture and adoption of the new machines and subsequent creation of marketing collateral and imagery. This then reaches into the reseller market and the risks associated to those reporting to sell Dyson products without approval to do so.
The team has a focus on strategic loss identification, prevention and reduction aspiring to utilise market leading best practice, technology and people. The Profit Protection team is a key function in the Retail Centre of Excellence, working with the functional owners of the Omni Chanel strategy and cross functional teams throughout the organization to affect and influence the retail strategy ensuring that security by design is a key consideration in the process.
The Assistant Profit Protection Manager role includes investigations of the; manufacturing environment, supply chain, offline and online retail, distribution of counterfeit goods as well as grey goods, new product launches, fraud, theft, false accounting. The position will oversee investigations, audits, training and other assigned tasks within their region of responsibility.
• Perform investigative duties of a complex and highly sensitivity nature ensuring all investigations are conducted within professionalism, sensitivity, integrity and in compliance with the company’s rules, policies, and regulations.
• Assess and address the risk of loss and security to the Offline Retail Stores, Supply Chain Facilities and Omni Channel environment, evaluating the risks of existing controls for weaknesses and learning from the investigations undertaken.
• Work with the Regional Profit Protection Manager to address the risk of loss and security to the Offline Retail Stores, Supply Chain, National Wholesale accounts, reselling partners, refurbishment centres and the Omni Channel environment, evaluating the risks of existing controls for weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
• Collect data through in-house and publicly available information to identify unusual activity.
• Conduct regular compliance audits, locally and remotely, to ensure offline sites are mitigating risk and are in line with business requirements.
• Work with local law enforcement agencies to build partnerships and close out investigations.
• Provide inventory accuracy and management support to direct retail where needed in accordance with agreed guidance.
• Provide onsite Profit Protection focused training to local employees.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
• Have some prior experience of investigating financial loss or commercial shrinkage including investigation interviewing.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
• Able to work in multi-cultural and diverse environments and geographies.
• Ability to travel extensively within the region of responsibility.
• High ethical standards, self-discipline and confidentiality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with people at all levels. Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other languages within assigned region is a plus.
• Can operate at pace and with the highest levels of integrity
• Prioritise conflicting demands, organise own agenda and work under pressure.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is essential, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Profit Protection experience in a Retail Environment
• Profit Protection experience in the Logistics and Supply chain arena
• Prior experience in delivering workplace training both face to face and virtually
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.