- Security and Risk
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson Group Security has the responsibility for delivering security best practice across the global footprint. The physical security of the Dyson Malaysia Development Centre is crucial in ensuring the protection of people, property, information and reputation, not only in the Malaysia, but also in support of the global strategic ambition
The Assistant Security Supervisor role sits in the Security Operations Team and reports through to the Security Supervisor. The Security Supervisor and Team are geographically positioned at the Malaysia Development Centre and report through to the Country Security Manager. They are all part of Dyson Group Security. In short, the role will be accountable for acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company property by maintaining a secure and safe environment across the estate and wider remit. Responsible for providing administrative and/or operational support across a range of security activities within a defined set of processes, mostly works autonomously within established procedures and practices with a requirement to solve complex problems. Has developed expertise in a variety of work processes and may act as an escalation point for less senior colleagues.
About the roleResponsibilities include:
- Recording on reported of any unsecured door / security equipment fault / irregular activity / unsafe activity
- Frequent checking on Daily Occurrence Book
- Act as Security Controller during any Emergency situation
- Conduct regular site checking and report to Supervisor on any findings
- Managed security team email
- To plan and manage manpower requirements
- Manage security roster
- To arrange and manage meetings including MS meeting
- Managing the enforcement of temperature screening process
- Controlling and monitoring physical access across the Dyson sites
- Frequent checking on security team conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols
- Provide “first response” to incidents in accordance with Dyson incident management procedures.
- Monitoring security team doing searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers.
- Supporting “front-of-house” services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience.
- Planning security support on events, functions and other gatherings
- Perform first aid and / or CPR as required
- Managing restricted movement of IP from secure areas.
- Understanding and aligning activities with the Dyson behaviours, Code of Ethics and other Dyson working practices
- Collate and provide statistical security data as directed, to ensure delivery to the KPI standard and to inform Return of Investment (ROI) activities
- Awareness of the Group Security Management System. Understanding and adherence to the Security Procedures Manual
- Understanding and applying security threat methodology as instructed and directed
- Minimum 3 years, experience in a Commercial Security Supervisory role or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- Good computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Office applications
- Intelligent, proactive, role model, fast learner, independent, integrity, leadership.
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification
- Emergency response qualification
- Excellent understanding and fluent spoken in English
- Leadership quality
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.