- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
Our company is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Assistant Service Manager, Catering Operations to oversee the operations and management of catering services in Dyson Johor Bharu, Malaysia. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Catering Operations, the Assistant Service Manager will be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service, operational efficiency, cost and inventory management of Dyson’s on-site cafeteria, coffee bar/s, office pantries and vending machine/s. Vendor management is a crucial part of this role, acting as the main point of contact between Dyson and on-site caterer/s and concessionaire. Administrative and management of procurement and finance processes is needed to ensure the smooth closing of month end books, necessary for monthly financial reporting. The on-site Assistant Service Manager will also act as the contact point for any internal events and catering related request, working with internal stakeholders and onsite caterer/s and concessionaires to fulfil and to execute these events. The Assistant Service Manager will act as a local representative of the regional Dyson catering team, ensuring that group standards, programs and communications are aligned and best in class.
Operations and Management of local catering services
- Ensure daily smooth operations of all cafeteria, coffee bar, pantries and vending machines on sites.
- To be hands-on and working with the site team during peak service period, providing guidance and assistance with queue and crowd control, cleanliness, and hygiene of servery area, timely topping up of cutleries, service trays, free drinks and fruits where applicable.
- Ensure that pantries and vending machines are always sufficiently stocked up with new, interesting and cost effective items constantly introduced.
- Set the standard for exceptional customer service and ensure its consistent implementation across all catering locations.
- Dealing with customer and internal stakeholder feedbacks, ensuring satisfactory resolution if required and taking on of these feedback into the daily operational process to ensure improvement of operations.
- Stock and inventory management, ensuring that supplies are always sufficient and new items are constantly introduced to cater to needs.
- Cost control of all ordering, controlling of wastages and maintenance of operating equipment to ensure that operations are kept within budget and implementation of saving measures.
- Act as the local point of contact between Dyson regional catering team and locally appointed vendors (Concessionaire, coffee bar management and vending machines).
- Gatekeeping of vendor/s’ Scope of Work as per contract and ensuring that vendor/s are delivering in accordance to specified KPIs.
- Daily and periodic inspection/audits of vendor/s workspaces to ensure Dyson’s health and safety and hygiene standards are followed and implemented.
- Coordinate, approval and validation of vendor/s’ approved manning structure as agreed with Dyson catering team.
- Ensure that vendor render their service in a professional and transparent manner, through regular and periodic reporting procedure and submission of required documents.
- Working with vendors to coordinate special events, menus, theme days and special festive events.
- Gathering feedback from all local stakeholders on vendor/s’s performance, take appropriate actions that this feedback are incorporated into the daily operations.
- To chair the local café committee with the Dyson catering team, gathering feedback, analysing and present these findings to the committee. Act as the on-ground action plan owner and liaison with the Vendor to execute improvement and enhancement plans based on these feedbacks and suggestions.
Internal Events Management
- Local point of contact for any internal event request.
- Liaison between local events organiser and local catering vendor.
- Ensure smooth coordination of events requirement, setup and execution by catering vendor.
- Be present and hands on during all events/functions to gatekeep quality and consistency of event execution from vendor.
- Gathering of feedback and suggestions post events and liaising with vendor for improvements and enhancement where required.
- Managing internal event request process, quotations, payment and post billing process.
- Gatekeeping vendor events menu and pricing to safeguard the interest of Dyson internal user.
Budget and Cost Management
- Be aware of responsible site/s catering budget and working with vendor and local team to ensure that operations are kept within the specified budget with control measures set in place.
- Monitor inventory levels, track expenses, and implement strategies to optimize costs.
- Ensure cost savings measures are set in place for each site, with periodic reviews and action plan in place to achieve these cost savings targets.
- Ensure accurate financial record-keeping and timely reporting for each location.
- Oversee administrative tasks, including documentation, inventory records, reports, and vendor contracts for each region.
- Responsible for month end departmental expense accrual, management of purchase PRs and POs and the timely closing of invoices and GLs.
- Collaborate with departments to ensure smooth operations and efficient communication.
- Streamline administrative processes and systems for improved efficiency and productivity.
- Ordering of products required for the responsible sites and areas of operations.
- Proven experience in food and beverage management, with at least 3 years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Experience in catering management and operations of a single unit sites of 500 pax and above. Other institutional catering experiences will be a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a focus on creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for employees, other internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the company, ensuring stakeholder satisfaction and delivering the expected results.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience in budget management, cost control, and inventory management.
- Proficient in using computer software and systems for inventory management, reporting, and administrative tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- A relevant qualification in hospitality, business, or a related field is preferred.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.